Total votes: 18

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Auckland Gearfest May 2009

Post by danrawkz »

I was annoyed I couldn't come. Sister took the car out so had no way to transport myself and gear there. Should have just bussed in without it, but ah well.. next time!.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Thank to all who attended. That was a nice, relaxed (mostly, I felt like I never stopped :lol: ) way to kill a Sunday afternoon.
Thanks to all who helped in some way and thanks to those that contributed.

Good on you all. :D

Fler
Squier
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Fler »

Hah nah man, many thanks to you for having us and putting up with all our loud stupidity!

Praise the lord! =P
(((Òran Mór

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Ooooh have to mention a kind of highlight from later in the afternoon.

For a start, I think it's maybe three or so years since there was more than two females at a gearfest. Kristie managed to get Plum Green to come and hang out.
Plum and I have been looking at suitable amps for her so while it was there we tried out denden's Tiny Terror/2x12 rig.

Plum got her guitar on and I put a mic in front of her and she just kicked into one or two of her own songs. Everyone in the room at the time joined in to jam.
denden and pakehendrix on guitar, fler on drums, cerealkiller on bass. It was so cool to hear a decent jam on proper original songs.

Then someone started playing Enter Sandman at which point Kristie took over on guitar and vox. Great stuff. Total crack up. :D

Fler
Squier

Post by Fler »

If I wasn't behind the kit at the time i'd have "past participle of get" that on video...
(((Òran Mór

zdali
Ashton
Ashton

Post by zdali »

Stupid VMWare and iSCSI :-(
CustomAudioBoutique wrote:and all "so I tied an onion to my belt; that was the style at the time" persons involved are cordially invited to shampoo my crotch.

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

man, if I wasn't on Disney Princesses on Ice duty I would've made it ... next time! How often do you chaps have a gearfest?

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Capt. Black wrote:Ooooh have to mention a kind of highlight from later in the afternoon.

For a start, I think it's maybe three or so years since there was more than two females at a gearfest. Kristie managed to get Plum Green to come and hang out.
Plum and I have been looking at suitable amps for her so while it was there we tried out denden's Tiny Terror/2x12 rig.

Plum got her guitar on and I put a mic in front of her and she just kicked into one or two of her own songs. Everyone in the room at the time joined in to jam.
denden and pakehendrix on guitar, fler on drums, cerealkiller on bass. It was so cool to hear a decent jam on proper original songs.

Then someone started playing Enter Sandman at which point Kristie took over on guitar and vox. Great stuff. Total crack up. :D
Off to never never land !

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

plectrums!

...or it never happened
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Fler
Squier

Post by Fler »

As far as i'm aware nobody was taking photos. I have video but I won't have time to edit it for a while. So be patient.
(((Òran Mór

Kristie
Token Rock Chick!

Post by Kristie »

I took a couple of photos on my phone. Apparently "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 100 KB" When I can be bothered downgrading the already poor quality pics you might see some. :wink:

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Kristie wrote:I took a couple of photos on my phone. Apparently "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 100 KB" When I can be bothered downgrading the already poor quality pics you might see some. :wink:
Upload them to photobucket or Flickr and then link us to them.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

rocklander wrote:plectrums!

...or it never happened

It never happened.

;)

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Here, for what they are worth, are my thoughts on the day...

Firstly, it was good to meet the people behind the on-line names (Phil, Willie, Jared (not Kevin :shock: ), Alan (of Anvil Amps fame). Also met Mahtone but did not catch (or remember :oops: ) his name. He had a very cool ASH guitar. Also met Fler who has an 8 string guitar (took me a while to count them) and a hell Diezel amp. Kev77 (Jared) had a very cool guitar that was like a bass. It is not a Baritone. It is called a bass 6 or something, and it is like a cross between a bass and a guitar. I heard it through both a bass amp and Alan's AC4-like combo and it sounded great. A very versatile instrument.

It was good to see the others who I had met before at gearfests and other events.

As always, thanks for Anthony for all his awesome work. For those of you that commented on the sausages, they were from Janssens in Browns Bay on t'shore.

Ryan and Martin did a great demo of the Greenstone Bellbird. Thanks guys :D It is a wholly different experience sitting on "the other side".

BG was demoing his new guitar synth and it makes a very convincing intro to "out in the fields" by Gary Moore tone. In fact it can make all sorts of noises and the fact that you can blend between synth and guitar was really useful I thought.

Thanks to Willie for telling me the Luger Boa show at the SkyCity was on TV. I caught it that night when it was replayed.

I left about 2:30 to attend the Warriors just when it was getting warmed up, but I enjoyed it thouroughly.

Rob
Greenstone Amplifiers

critter01
Ashton
Ashton

Post by critter01 »

I also had the pleasure of attending Gearfest on a chilly sunday arvo. had the honour of meeting Rob and listening to Ryan and the other gentleman! (sorry dude didn't catch your name...)presenting and demo-ing the Bellbird.what an amazing amp!!! a modern classic IMHO,Rob and his team are to be congratulated.
other highlights were Anvil Alans Trainwreck amp, great sound !! awesome 18 watts of goodness.....BG and his guitar synth and im a sucker for great blues tone which that amp of his is more than capable of delivering.
Hi-Gainers VHT and Flers Deizel,Fractul FX and that insane 8 string blew me away.had the pleasure of playing one of Adrian's SG style Radians thru the Trainwreck very nice and simple(my kind of set up....) those guitars are well crafted, the sound and playability are on par if not better than any top of the line brand you care to name.Denden and the Tiny Orange Terror, that is unbelievable what that small amp can do.also the gentleman that let me play on his relic-strat it had real nice feel to it and forgive me for forgetting you name dude!!!

thanks to Ants for the venue BG and everyone else that contributed.i had left around 4.30-5.00pm so it seems i had missed the best part of the arvo, i was looking forward to catching up with Robin( cereal killer!!) may be next time(we will have to organise a bluesjam one day)

this was my first GF and i must say it was fun man!! great to put faces to avatars and usernames. cheers......."transmission end".