Another Welly Gearfest before the end of the year?

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Another Welly Gearfest before the end of the year?

Post by robnobcorncob »

Ironbird13 wrote:
raz wrote:I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete,
I'd rather see Holy Smoke :wink: :P
robnobcorncob wrote:The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people
that was an awesome gig, i shouldn't have been pissed in the moshpit though...

it was just 2 weeks after tearing the cartilidge in my knee :roll: i could hardly walk afterwards, and those stairs at the Bathhouse were a bitch :x
Try doing the steps at Transmission room in Auckland (4 flights?) after consuming copious amounts of bourbon throughout the day prior and being crushed in the mosh at Meshuggah about to pass out. Still don't know how I made it but it took a long time. Lesson learned fortunately.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

Some Bozo wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:Iron Maiden? I thought people were still bashing Marilyn Manson as a bad influence?

Lets not forget the fuss that a few church groups kicked up when Ozzy Osbourne played here at Easter. The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people, "Hammer Smashed Face" anyone ? either way it's all good fun.
It's got to be someone the mass media have heard of. Cannibal who ? No coverage, no converts, no increase in the collection plate.
Hmmm fair call, no-one kicked up a fuss when Slayer came did they? or Heaven & Hell for that matter

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

robnobcorncob wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:Iron Maiden? I thought people were still bashing Marilyn Manson as a bad influence?

Lets not forget the fuss that a few church groups kicked up when Ozzy Osbourne played here at Easter. The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people, "Hammer Smashed Face" anyone ? either way it's all good fun.
It's got to be someone the mass media have heard of. Cannibal who ? No coverage, no converts, no increase in the collection plate.
Hmmm fair call, no-one kicked up a fuss when Slayer came did they? or Heaven & Hell for that matter
None of them get in the Womens' Weekly
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

raz wrote: I'm curious - NZ_ninja, you're obviously an Iron Maiden fan. How does that reconcile with your faith? I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete, although I would like to see it. I would've thought IM would not be the most wholesome choice for a believer. Not trying to take the piss here, I am genuinely curious.
Church fete? You're way off. Tonight we just about filled the Michael Fowler Centre (one of the biggest indoor venues in Wellington). We had a visiting worship team from Australia, and the guitarist's were using a Marshall head and a Mesa Triple Rectifier head, both with 4x12's, and it was cranking. Full lighting rig too. No tambourines or timbrals here.

As far as Ninja's taste in music, well you don't have to agree with what they say to enjoy their tunes. I listen to Pink Floyd, SRV, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, all sorts. Although these days I mostly prefer to listen to Christian music because I find it more uplifting and helpful in terms of my faith, that's simply my choice. I still chuck that other stuff on from time to time.

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

mr_sooty wrote:
raz wrote: I'm curious - NZ_ninja, you're obviously an Iron Maiden fan. How does that reconcile with your faith? I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete, although I would like to see it. I would've thought IM would not be the most wholesome choice for a believer. Not trying to take the piss here, I am genuinely curious.
Church fete? You're way off. Tonight we just about filled the Michael Fowler Centre (one of the biggest indoor venues in Wellington). We had a visiting worship team from Australia, and the guitarist's were using a Marshall head and a Mesa Triple Rectifier head, both with 4x12's, and it was cranking. Full lighting rig too. No tambourines or timbrals here.

As far as Ninja's taste in music, well you don't have to agree with what they say to enjoy their tunes. I listen to Pink Floyd, SRV, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, all sorts. Although these days I mostly prefer to listen to Christian music because I find it more uplifting and helpful in terms of my faith, that's simply my choice. I still chuck that other stuff on from time to time.
Didn't ask you dude, and what you xtians do in private in the Michael Fowler centre should perhaps stay there.

alf
Ashton
Ashton

Post by alf »

Was surprised to find out recently that Nicko McBrain (IM drummer) is a converted christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicko_McBrain

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

alf wrote:Was surprised to find out recently that Nicko McBrain (IM drummer) is a converted christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicko_McBrain
Just what i was about to say. never have i heard Iron maiden bad mouth christians in anyway and also never have i heard them talk about worshiping satan. what? "666, the number of the beast?" go on their website, they say in their history that because of that song some people thought they were satanist but that is far from what they are. Maidens songs are just based around telling stories, whether its one about ancient Egypt or the bible, from what ive heard they don't actually voice much of an opinion. The term Beast just seemed to stick with them as a cool signature type thing.

away from maiden, Yeah i listen to children of bodom, lamb of god, even Dimmu borgir and stuff along those lines (however i dont listen to black metal anymore), infact most of the metal i listen to isnt christian frankly because christian metal sucks ass. you have to realise that i dont really give a rip what they say for A) i dont judge music by lyrics B) Even if you manage to decipher the lyrics i dont pay attention to them anyway.
raz wrote:
mr_sooty wrote:

Didn't ask you dude, and what you xtians do in private in the Michael Fowler centre should perhaps stay there.
hey dude lets keep this at an acceptable level aye, and not have any more threads locked. Sooty's right man, most Christians arent the old school, catholic, sitting in pew listening to an old priest kinda people that probably most people think they are. These days its alot different, we can have triple recto's in church, we can have metal bands, we can listen to non - christian metal, raz, maybe youve had a bad experience with christians in the past and were sorry if anything like that has happened, but these days christian are a heck of a lot more open minded than you seem to think.

but to answer your question raz, Listening to Maiden would only conflict with my faith if i let it. and i dont. I believe that jesus is perfectly happy with me listening to metal, infact i think jesus would quite happily come down and headbang with me :lol:, hes got the hair for it.

Did that answer your question?
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

So, gearfest.... Sunday November 23rd, 1-6pm... ? sweet...

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

Did that answer your question?
Yup, I really was just curious. What I think of xtianity has little relevance to the discussion. I really don't do metal either apart from a few exceptions, number of the beast is one of them, and as I said that's because I find it humorous in its total bombasity. I always kinda felt it was written to take the piss out of people who saw evil "influences" everywhere in modern music.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

you have to realise that i dont really give a rip what they say for A) i dont judge music by lyrics B) Even if you manage to decipher the lyrics i dont pay attention to them anyway.
You & me both, mate.
I have very little clue about the lyrics of most songs. I just like a song or I don't...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

robnobcorncob wrote:So, gearfest.... Sunday November 23rd, 1-6pm... ? sweet...
Sweet as Rog...i mean Dog...
Rog wrote:
you have to realise that i dont really give a rip what they say for A) i dont judge music by lyrics B) Even if you manage to decipher the lyrics i dont pay attention to them anyway.
You & me both, mate.
I have very little clue about the lyrics of most songs. I just like a song or I don't...
yeah, its all about the music for me,

i remember i had a mate a while ago who actually believed he understood the lyrics in cannibal corpse... :lol: :lol:
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

raz wrote: Didn't ask you dude
:? Sorry, 'dude'. Ninja and I are friends is all.