I want to come, but can't that day.
12%

Total votes: 17

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Chch Gear fest, Saturday June the 6th, 1 - 6 pm

Post by rocklander »

odd one out there slash-ed.. don't you know that black is the new black?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:odd one out there slash-ed.. don't you know that black is the new black?
lolz

and i noticed warwolf is too much metal for one hand :wink: :twisted:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

ha,just hope there's no MS13 members browsing the forum...! :wink: :D
Moser 10- BCR ironbird custom 7-Gibson Voodoo sg-
Sunn O)))model T - SunnO))4x12"-EHX Cathedral-EHX POG2-digitech EX7-boss rc2-ibanez de7-
Marshall jcm 800 silver jubilee combo(2558)-Blackwidow 15"

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

war-wolf wrote:ha,just hope there's no MS13 members browsing the forum...! :wink: :D
had to google that :oops:

and hopefully they arent, for your sake :o
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Yup Im still alive - made it back in 1 piece

So cool to meet you all for the first time....let it not be the last time

Cheers to Mark for getting this off the ground.-Loved tWarWolf's C tuned SG2000....would have liked a fuller demo of Neils laptop rig....Thought Jeremy's tube screamer clone was better than any TS Ive tried! Funch the BCR and the Moser take the glitz award..Phil gets the "forget pedals Im here to rock" award...Sty's Bulleye hit the spot.......Ed you can stop sweep picking now......trex - hope the hand gets better!....who did I miss

Thank you for the feedback on the gats...lot of fun!
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

rocklander wrote:odd one out there slash-ed.. don't you know that black is the new black?
nah poo-brown is the new black... :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

h3x3d
Stagg
Stagg

Post by h3x3d »

Nice photos :)

It was cool hanging out, seeing all the equipment and meeting some fellow guitar appreciators. The awesome thing is the diversity of the effects, guitars, amps and that's without going into how they're played!

h3x3d
Stagg
Stagg

Post by h3x3d »

Hey Lawrence, feel free to ask me any questions on the laptop setup.

You can hear some demos I've created using it here:
http://www.myspace.com/thegonadmanifest

I have to stress that the music on there is basically just a scatch pad of ideas thrown together in a handful of minutes. (So you'll have to forgive out of tune guitars, bad timing etc) - you get the idea though. All done on the PC - all with nothing other than a clean guitar...

There is of course scope for using a mic'd up sound, or reamping your clean recording through your amp setup etc. for those who need to include their beloved hardware.

I bought the Blackstar pedal as I'm not happy with the high gain tones of the software...so there will be a compromise somewhere...Actually, to here the difference, compare the "Fight" demo with the "Fight - (Tube test)" one. I re-did the intro with the Blackstar to see if it had potential. Pretty big difference to me...it's enough to make it worth redoing everything I think. The sound is a lot smoother, with loads more harmonic content.