Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: What I'd like to see @ gearfests ~ your input

Post by Hot_Grits »

rocklander wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote: How about this: all the jam-room guys cruise down Queen st one weekday lunchtime on a flatbed truck with a PA? -sort of like this but different in several key aspects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSRMr9PuS_A
key aspect differences (mostly) adjusted for in this version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzjNuXuW ... re=related[/youtube]
Haha cool!

-but somehow that doesn't cover the experience either.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

How about we just get the hot birds that weren't at the model expo to cruise up and down Queen Street on the back of the flatbed truck doing whatever the guitar equivalent of lip-synching is?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

hamo wrote:...doing whatever the guitar equivalent of lip-synching is?
Playing Guitar Hero? :roll:
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

The_prophet
Stagg
Stagg

Post by The_prophet »

A way of sharing Freeware such as Pro tools 8,GP5.2,Fruity loops,Toontracks DFH,Patches, .gp3s etc :wink:

Someone brings a Laptop with a fast USB bus . Everyone then copys what theyve brought along to the Laptop then copy what they want from what others have brought Simple as

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

The_prophet wrote:A way of sharing Freeware such as Pro tools 8,GP5.2,Fruity loops,Toontracks DFH,Patches, .gp3s etc :wink:

Someone brings a Laptop with a fast USB bus . Everyone then copys what theyve brought along to the Laptop then copy what they want from what others have brought Simple as
sweet.. I've got this great lil app called 'concept virus'.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Free? Where?

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:sweet.. I've got this great lil app called 'concept virus'.
does it affect Linux? :wink:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Ironbird13 wrote:
It depends which version of which distro you are running. Of course you may find that the distro you are running won't run some versions of the virus, for example the virus may have no sound, unless you drop to the terminal and run a couple of very obvious ./commands that anyone running *nix for the past 10 years know like the back of their white beard. If, after running a ./make on the virus you have some missing dependencies, just fire up the terminal and apt-get anything that is missing (don't worry, you'll know what you are missing, cause it's soooo obvious). Try and run the virus again, and after reading thousands of threads on the net about people having the same problem, loudly declare how great open source software is :wink:
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Gelato wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:
It depends which version of which distro you are running. Of course you may find that the distro you are running won't run some versions of the virus, for example the virus may have no sound, unless you drop to the terminal and run a couple of very obvious ./commands that anyone running *nix for the past 10 years know like the back of their white beard. If, after running a ./make on the virus you have some missing dependencies, just fire up the terminal and apt-get anything that is missing (don't worry, you'll know what you are missing, cause it's soooo obvious). Try and run the virus again, and after reading thousands of threads on the net about people having the same problem, loudly declare how great open source software is :wink:
thought so :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

The_prophet
Stagg
Stagg

Post by The_prophet »

Sun xVM Virtualbox FTW . I have Virtual machines i clone to test software i get from strangers . if its dodge i can erase the virtual machine with no harm done to the host OS . If not i install it on the host . Simple as . and its free unlike that rubbish unreliable and pathetic vmware

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

The_prophet wrote:Sun xVM Virtualbox FTW . I have Virtual machines i clone to test software i get from strangers . if its dodge i can erase the virtual machine with no harm done to the host OS . If not i install it on the host . Simple as . and its free unlike that rubbish unreliable and pathetic vmware
rubbish unreliable VMware?
market leader in virtualisation been leading the field for years, but sure.. unreliable :roll: hyperV is really the only viable enterprise competitor to ESX as Xen is still maturing enough for the business world to considerm but hyperV is still behind the 8ball IMO.
virtual server is free, as is vmplayer.

sun who?

seriously... never heard of Sun xVM Virtualbox.. is it a java applet or something?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

The_prophet
Stagg
Stagg

Post by The_prophet »

rocklander wrote:
seriously... never heard of Sun xVM Virtualbox.. is it a java applet or something?
http://www.sun.com/software/products/vi ... /index.jsp

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Ah, that other little cultural group commonly found on guitar forums: 'dudes who work in IT'.

One day they shall rise up and challenge 'dudes who are lost in the 80s' and 'blues lawyers' for dominance, only to be hampered by internal conflict due to so many of them also being 'dudes who are lost in the 80s' as well as IT weenies.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Gelato wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:
Comedy gold :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.