crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 248 times

Re: Hamilton Gearfest December 12th 09

Post by crowbgood1 »

Sure do..They specialize in band merchandise too.... So anyone interested give them a call.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I was wondering about that kid's bloodshot eyes ;)

So who's who in those pics?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Vince wrote:So who's who in those pics?
yeah, sorry.. posted them after a few beers and was a lil too tipsy to think about that.. am busy editing now :)

[edit]names my stink memory could remember now posted :D [/edit]
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

That kid was keen to jam! Next time i have to remember not to drink .....so much, the night before.
I spent most of the time going in circles looking at the toys and couldnt decide which one to try.
Really liked Uniques LP collection, forgot how heavy they were after playing me gx200 for the last couple of years.
Really was impressed with higainers set up, just has pro written all over it. Just before we packed up I heard the distortion and thought 'kick ass!'.
Crows weta was really easy to play I found, hopefully by next time Ill have to bring some toys.

Thems drums are blimmin addictive too. Started looking around already...

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote: Image
puff puff give
:shock: but i wasnt there with the Gunn....

... so who let the smoke out? :D
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

rob_on_guitar wrote:Thems drums are blimmin addictive too. Started looking around already...
aren't they just the funnest toy? :lol: get the RS guys to price challenge ya.. now that the kiwi dollar is showing itself better against the US
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Vince wrote:
I was wondering about that kid's bloodshot eyes ;)

So who's who in those pics?
I was just wondering when Catweazles gonna buy him some shoes, poor little fella :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

He don't need no stinkin' shoes, just guitar strings & picks. :wink:
Thanks to all at the Hamfest, it was epic, ya can see how much fun we had looking back at the pics.
Mission accomplished getting my boy on the Ash SG junior & Unique's class 5 Marshall dimed.
Hope the ZT didn't get obnoxious - it's a little dog with big attitude amp.
It was great to have a few beers - I even sang at one stage :oops: , cool idea having the open mic out in the middle.
Haha this was my excuse to get out of the company Xmas do.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Thanks to all those that attended. It was a little thin on the ground but it's a bad time of year and I opnly scraped in being able to make it myself.

crowbgood1 - thanks for making the long haul. I listened to the CD and it's very cool. That reggae inspired one is excellent especially the delay on the gat. Nice amp BTW - beautiful clean head room...somethign I'm not used to :) The Tele sounded v impressive...altho more a Les Pual than a Tele?!

matman - did you get your rig going? I wanted to try the BlackHeart but the day seemed to end on me by surprise. Nice SE too. Good score (fake).

rocky - we needed to turn them drums up...next time huh. Chorus was beautiful. I'll send those extra parts I got to ya, assuming I don't fry my initial try on my one! Rob, thanks for the beats. Your eyes looked terrible.

Ash - fine work. Tone of the day for me without a doubt was your red SG through the Princeton and 2x12...just breaking up and so very rock n roll. That one ton Tele sounded good. You just need to learn to play Cuntry and Western.

CJ - that bass needs to come out more often. Very cool. Once again I didn't play any of my gats through your amp....dammit.

highgainer - impressive clean tones. Gut punching volume in a handy half ton package.

callingcards tele is very inspiring. Mucho humbleness. That lunchbox is cool...well, actually it gets very damn hot but you know what I mean....

Darcy - nice work brother.

That unnamed dude is Simon Hirst (sihirst here I think...original handle dude) - he has the voice and I am priviledged to play in a couple of bands with him. Oh, he's handy on the gat too :D

Whom have I missed?

So again, thanks to you all. I think we got some more photo's coming. Next one we'd like to see some of the Auckland contingent down and as a sign of good faith I'll drag my arse up to the next Akl one.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by rob_on_guitar »

Yes CCs tele was awesome i thought, I went back and read the thread and found it quite inspirational really, got my brain thinking about DIY stuff.

And yes I was carrying extra luggage, next time I will behave the night before. :lol:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

rob_on_guitar wrote:And yes I was carrying extra luggage, next time I will behave the night before. :lol:
*cough* bullshyte *cough*

shoulda nailed the barmaid in retrospect
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by rob_on_guitar »

rocklander wrote:
rob_on_guitar wrote:And yes I was carrying extra luggage, next time I will behave the night before. :lol:
*cough* bullshyte *cough*

shoulda nailed the barmaid in retrospect
Talking to barmaid tonight......

RUDENBARK
Gibson

Post by RUDENBARK »

Skipped a lot of this thread, so sorry if someone's already pre-emptively replied:

What was that drum kit? (I mean brand/model)

Been eyeing up getting an electric kit for a couple of years; money issue more than anything, lol. Plus guitar most definitely comes first, drums are just my second instrument of choice.
IDEALLY would LOOOVE to get a proper kit. (And been told by every drummer that a proper kit is the way to go for better/most part etc (electric pretty hard on the wrists)). But I think electric would suit me better; something to learn drums on (beyond holding a beat I mean), won't piss of too many people with the racket, good for recording, different tones for different styles (experimenting), etc etc etc.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

RUDENBARK wrote:Skipped a lot of this thread, so sorry if someone's already pre-emptively replied:

What was that drum kit? (I mean brand/model)

Been eyeing up getting an electric kit for a couple of years; money issue more than anything, lol. Plus guitar most definitely comes first, drums are just my second instrument of choice.
IDEALLY would LOOOVE to get a proper kit. (And been told by every drummer that a proper kit is the way to go for better/most part etc (electric pretty hard on the wrists)). But I think electric would suit me better; something to learn drums on (beyond holding a beat I mean), won't piss of too many people with the racket, good for recording, different tones for different styles (experimenting), etc etc etc.
it's a roland V-Drum TD9K
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/produ ... ROLTD9KKIT
with an extra hihat added as a second crash cymbal.
GREAT for learning on (although I'm the worlds slowest learner with zero natural talent), especially as one is less 'constrained by physics'.
by that I mean that I can set it up more naturally - hihat is in front (just above the snare) rather than having to cross my arms up and potentially hit each other whilst playing.. no crossing up is handy for me. my right leg was reattached after an accident so it points out to the right a bit, so I can put the kick out to the right rather than directly in front of me.
the floor tom is a long twist/stretch round to the right usually cos it is physically so large (in a real kit) and needs to sit on the floor.. I have the toms all lined up fairly close so I lessen the movement required to get to them.. the floor tom is 'just' to the right of the 2nd tom.
if the 'feel' is a problem, then get the KX model cos they have mesh heads (feel like real ones) (although this comes with a mesh snare, which, let's face it - is the one that gets the most attention from the hands) but I don't find them rubber ones a problem personally.. I think it's a lil bit of what 'real' drummers are used to and snobbery :wink: .
they DO get very different sounds depending on the room. in the room at home (with headphones) that kit sounded great, but I changed the kick to be a more beefy one when I practiced through a PA at the drummer's place. at the gearfest the whole lot sounded a lil more 'fake' and 'tinny' but it's a matter of tuning it/choosing the right emulation I reckon.

another cool thing about this kit is the dual trigger.. so the snare has a rimshot assigned to the rim as expected, but each of the toms have a clap, cowbell and 3rd crash assigned respectively at the rim... GREAT toy! good fun.. just wish I'd practiced more often recently so I could've actually played at the gearfest.. just not good enough :oops:
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
matman - did you get your rig going? I wanted to try the BlackHeart but the day seemed to end on me by surprise. Nice SE too. Good score (fake).
I did but the jam was in full swing and I wasn't sure if my set up could compete with the big dogs (or the obnoxious pup! :) ) so I didn't bother cranking it up. I didn't think that anyone would be keen to try my humble rig out with such a bounty of riches on offer! You'd have been most welcome to have a blat - in fact it would have been great to hear how it sounded with someone with some real skills playing through it. Will bring my stuff again next time and try to come earlier.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits