Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 254 times

Re: tronfest q2 2010, May 1st

Post by Miza »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Hey BG - shame you missed it...I had to drink all the Peroni's I'd got for you! Next time! For anyone that gave a hoot, those horrible popping and short out sounds on the Marshall was a bung output tube. Brand new Genelex tubes at $100 a pair...damn!
Good to hear.
Nothing to see here.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Hey BG - shame you missed it...I had to drink all the Peroni's I'd got for you! Next time! For anyone that gave a hoot, those horrible popping and short out sounds on the Marshall was a bung output tube. Brand new Genelex tubes at $100 a pair...damn!
well that's better than the trannie diagnosis at least... still a bummer though (the situation, not trannies in general)
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Is that on the 1974 Marshall? If so I had a chat with John and I was commenting that to tame the volume and keep the same sound I would put in a effects loop and use a volume pedal. On a Rivera you have gain in and out adjustments on the loop and you can crank the amp up and turn the loop down and use it like a powersoak which works nicely and Rivera says it doesnt hurt the amp at all.
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

rocklander wrote:still a bummer though (the situation, not trannies in general)
Isn't that all you can do with a tranny, though?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1364 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Tonemaker wrote:
Is that on the 1974 Marshall? If so I had a chat with John and I was commenting that to tame the volume and keep the same sound I would put in a effects loop and use a volume pedal. On a Rivera you have gain in and out adjustments on the loop and you can crank the amp up and turn the loop down and use it like a powersoak which works nicely and Rivera says it doesnt hurt the amp at all.
Yes, the 1974X - better still is to use a good attentuator and not mess with the amps voice...that's where my dollars are heading.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1364 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Jenesis wrote:
rocklander wrote:still a bummer though (the situation, not trannies in general)
Isn't that all you can do with a tranny, though?
You have obviosuly never had one.....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah I was gutted, maybe third time lucky :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

So the next one is in July? :lol: Im going to bring camera and beer for sure.

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Not much to add that hasn't already been said - great people, great gear!

Thanks heaps to Darcy and Unique for making it happen. See you at the next one.
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Rog wrote:Smeg - I hope everything is ok for you guize?
Thanks Rog - wasn't anything too dramatic (but was the result of previous drama!). My wife snapped her achilles playing netball a few weeks back...wouldn't go to the doctor and for a week and then developed DVTs in her leg. Much to-ing and fro-ing between doctor, radiologist, hospital resulting in a cast, followed by a couple of ambulance rides when the cast + the blood clots cut off circulation to 4 of her toes and saw her in Hospital with a foot looking like she'd been pulled off Everest. Docs said she was lucky to keep her toes! She's hasn't been able to do anything other than lay down on the couch with her leg elevated for the past 4 weeks which has meant I'm on cooking, cleaning, childminding duties before and after work and can't really go anywhere at the moment...anyway thought I had her and the kids taken care of so that I could come to gearfest but arrangements fell through at the last moment.

Sounds like it was great and I'm particularly gutted about missing out on whatever Ryan brought down, listening to Hot Grits' playing, and checking out Tonemaker's reverb pedal (was it one of those biyang ones he has on TM? I was going to ask him to bring one anyway). It sounds like a great idea to have everyone in separate rooms (It was never a case of "it might get loud" beforebut the Jools Holland circular set up was cool for the end of fest Jam and the round circle 'show and tell' was one of my favourite parts of the day...anyway hopefully I'll be able to make July.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Pictures or didn't happen

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

thehenderson wrote:Pictures or didn't happen
we've got pics, but they're only viewable in HD
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

rocklander wrote:
We have to fly to Djibouti to see them? :?
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Gelato wrote:
rocklander wrote:
We have to fly to Djibouti to see them? :?
nope.. even google couldn't help me there... say what now?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Sounds like it was great and I'm particularly gutted about missing out on whatever Ryan brought down, listening to Hot Grits' playing, and checking out Tonemaker's reverb pedal (was it one of those biyang ones he has on TM? I was going to ask him to bring one anyway). It sounds like a great idea to have everyone in separate rooms (It was never a case of "it might get loud" beforebut the Jools Holland circular set up was cool for the end of fest Jam and the round circle 'show and tell' was one of my favourite parts of the day...anyway hopefully I'll be able to make July.
Always happy to meet up with anyone in the Tron area at their place to try out pedals. Just shoot me a pm :)
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)