39%

Total votes: 18

tekhammer
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Wellington Gearfest - 5th June

Post by tekhammer »

alanp wrote:I think the only one who wasn't overly impressed with my amp was Vince
I was suitably unimpressed with its ability to hand my Mr-Stupid-Distortion (aka Boss Metal Core) pedal. :)

But the clean sounds were frikkin sweet. I just don't know how to play any songs without distortion. :mrgreen:

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

alanp wrote: Ben and Sooty did pretty much what I expected -- play U2 covers most of the time ;-)
Lies! I only played U2 covers SOME of the time. Only Ben played U2 cover ALL of the time! :lol:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Gutted to have missed out, but my little girl was pretty out of sorts all day. Couldn't skip out on her the first time she was crook, so had to man up and play the Dad card.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:
BG wrote:
rocklander wrote:heh.. yeah.. Darcy or *UNIQUE*'s idea (both maybe?) but I agree.. it works really well, also helps intro everyone to everyone too.. I likes the tronfests I does.
Uniques idea but originally performed at an Auckland Clockwork gearfest years before the 'tronfest' began :P
so was it subsequently dropped, or just for the one I attended? :P
Kind of obvious really, we haven't been in one big room since... it doesn't really work split between 2 or 3 rooms.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

tekhammer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by tekhammer »

hamo wrote:Gutted to have missed out, but my little girl was pretty out of sorts all day. Couldn't skip out on her the first time she was crook, so had to man up and play the Dad card.
I have it on good authority that next time there will be moar metal. So plan ahead and make sure to feed your family lots of medicine and pills to keep them healthy during the next gearfest. :)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

Photos in no particular order. Sorry about the quality - low light situation.
No-one even bothered to take a photo of me (thoughtless sods), so I took one of my car just to prove I was there. :lol:

Tekhammer

Tekhammer & AlanP

The venue

Vince with his rig

Vince with Rog's Jazz Bass

My car: (did I mention no one bothered to take my photo?) snif...

Where Sooty puts his footie

Sooty on his knees praying for tone...

... and finds it

Sooty on drums bbrunskill on bass

Polar Bear unloads the semi and takes over the stage

Where Polar Bears tread man takes care

polar Bear with Epip

PB hits the skins

PB's elbow AlanP and Vince

Stage shot

House bass rig with Rog's Jazz

Benrocky checks for plywood

Benrocky's pedals

Polar Bear Bbrunskill Benrocky

Bbrunskill plays Rog's Agile

Bbrunskill with his ASAT

AlanP with his new 5E3

Closer shot of the 5E3

Across the stage
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Hey, yeah... there aren't any pics of you Rog. Sorry about that, we should have offered :(

Thanks very much for the pics though! They're great.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

tekhammer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by tekhammer »

Damn Rog, you got my fat side. :(

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Well that was a successful day.

It was great to meet everyone, having not been to a Wellington jam for a while there was a lot of new faces!

Firstly, thanks heaps to Rog and Alanp who made the effort to come from fairly long distances on a holiday weekend, it was great to finally meet you Rog, after many years of online nattering.

Also, to bbrunskill who let us use the venue. Great setup, nice big stage, bass and drum rigs, all good!

So I had a blast, I don't ge the chance to play guitar much these days, so it was good to blow some cobwebs out. Was really impressed with everyone's rigs, everything sounded fantastic!

Some points of interest for me were Alanp's homebuilt 5e3, what a great little setup, very, very cool, I was extremely impressed!
Mr Sooty's DR MAz was a fantastic sounding amp, loverly, and the unique wiring on the Strat sounded great, I thought that was a great idea.
bbrunskill running the Sovtek and my AC30 in stereo was a fantastic end to the day, it sounded huge!
BenRocky's AC4, pedalboard and ASAT and 'Reliced' (I still couldn't see it...) PRS were all droolworthy, what a fantastic setup. AC4 is next on the GAS list for me, very cool.
Vince is one hell of a bass player, on the Greg Bennett.
Rog's Agile sure photographs nicely, it's a beautiful looking instrument, and his Jazz is perfect. I love block inlays on Fender Basses and ashtrays as well. I was very impressed, just disapointed I didn't get to hear you play it more!
It was nice to hear Hamburgla's rig outside of our bandroom, sounding pretty fuzzy and massive!
Most fun part of the day for me though, was playing Tekhammer's Jackson Dinky through the Metalcore and the Blackstar HT5 and Krank Cab. Super tight metal tone, lovely little guitar to play as well, so much fun, I could have stayed there all night noodling away!

So thanks again to everyone for coming, I had a great afternoon! Got a couple more pedals on their way, so next time I'll have something new!

So thanks
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Polar Bear wrote: BenRocky's AC4, pedalboard and ASAT and 'Reliced' (I still couldn't see it...) PRS
Yeah, maybe it was the light or the "none more black" finish, but if Benrocky hadn't told us it was "relic'ed" it would never have occurred to me. In the end, I just had to take his word for it. :D

That Brian May axe was very nice, BTW.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Great venue. Lovely gear. Good pics. Very good looking people. ;)

Turns out I'm probably heading to Wellington for an overnight road-trip next weekend. Picking up gear for the studio. Shame about the timing. I wish I could have made it down to meet you guys .

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Looks like a good one guys! Well done - I almost made this one...decided to fly home last minute Friday suffering from a massive Wellington hangover....

Rog - good on ya for taking photo's. We totally messed that up last time in Hamilton.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Vince wrote:
Polar Bear wrote: BenRocky's AC4, pedalboard and ASAT and 'Reliced' (I still couldn't see it...) PRS
Yeah, maybe it was the light or the "none more black" finish, but if Benrocky hadn't told us it was "relic'ed" it would never have occurred to me. In the end, I just had to take his word for it. :D

That Brian May axe was very nice, BTW.
Indeed, lovely looking guitar, and cheers mate, it's going to the grave with me.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Yeah a lot of standout bits of gear for me. I LOVED Rog's Jazz Bass. So cool looking, great to play, and great sound. Not sure about those funny strings, but that's a heck of a beautiful bass you got there.

Also thought PB's Brian May guitar was very cool, and I loved Hamburgla's Rickenbacker too. That was an awesome looking guitar. BBrunskills gear always sounds amazing. I love my DD20 but I'd swap it for one of those Timefactors in a heartbeat. As I said, really impressed with the 5E3 too. Benny's PRS looked real nice, but he kept it hidden till home time, like he was embarrased about it. Kept raving on about how relic'd it was, but looked pretty mint to me!

We should definitely tryand get Elim again next time, with BBrunskill on our side that shouldn't be a problem. Beat Eclipse hands down.

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

It was great to see all of you guys at the gearfest.

Sweet 5e3 amp alanp, cant wait to see it tolexed. Nice to see tekhammers Blackstar and Krank combo (dare i say cute looking?). Rog is a gentlemen and i couldn't believe the price of the Agile!

Vince always impressed by your bass skills (btw do you busk on Queens wharf from time to time?), mr sooty with his awesome rig that convinced me that 18w is loud enough, bbrunskill with his sweet setup that eerily we have a similar taste in gear, and Polar Bear with his massive rig of awesomeness (holy shit was that AC30 heavy). Sorry i couldn't hang around long enough to check out Hamburgla's setup, although i was eyeing up his pedal setup and amp :)

All in all a worthy day to get some time off work :mrgreen:

PS: The PRS was sitting in its open case, but apparently no one noticed it. So i thought never mind. :lol:
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69250680@N07/