15 May
39%

Total votes: 18

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Wellington Gearfest - 5th June

Post by rocklander »

Vince wrote: We actually took time out to down tools and take turns explaining our various rigs and what we liked/disliked about them. Very cool idea.
tronfest setting the standards .. aw yeah... lemme hear ya say tronfest....
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

rocklander wrote:
Vince wrote:Well, it was really good.

We actually took time out to down tools and take turns explaining our various rigs and what we liked/disliked about them. Very cool idea.
tronfest setting the standards .. aw yeah... lemme hear ya say tronfest....
Did you guys do that at Tronfest? Cool.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

heh.. yeah.. Darcy or *UNIQUE*'s idea (both maybe?) but I agree.. it works really well, also helps intro everyone to everyone too.. I likes the tronfests I does.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

Got to meet Rog who didn't look as Ian McKellenish as I imagined him. And Polar Bear and Hamburglar. Huge big stage, very nice place. Much better than Eclipse.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Hamburgla
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Hamburgla »

It was great fun - thanks to all involved.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

Hamburgla wrote:It was great fun - thanks to all involved.
What time did you guys pack up?

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

rocklander wrote:heh.. yeah.. Darcy or *UNIQUE*'s idea (both maybe?) but I agree.. it works really well, also helps intro everyone to everyone too.. I likes the tronfests I does.
Uniques idea but originally performed at an Auckland Clockwork gearfest years before the 'tronfest' began :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

BG wrote:
rocklander wrote:heh.. yeah.. Darcy or *UNIQUE*'s idea (both maybe?) but I agree.. it works really well, also helps intro everyone to everyone too.. I likes the tronfests I does.
Uniques idea but originally performed at an Auckland Clockwork gearfest years before the 'tronfest' began :P
so was it subsequently dropped, or just for the one I attended? :P
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Fairly small turnout, but great venue and lots of fun. Well impressed with Alanp's 5e3 build, sounded beautiful through his 212. Cool to meet Rog, who found my marbles for me. I promptly lost them again though.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Apologies for my no show. Was waiting to pickup my guitar from being setup to go to the 'fest but it wasn't done in time. I'll definitely be at the next one !

tekhammer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by tekhammer »

Yeah, the venue was really good. It was good having a drum kit and a couple of keyboards there too. :)

Not as cramped as Eclipse and waay better parking, so thanks Ben for sorting it. And now I can say I have been in a church on purpose (and I wasn't struck down by lightning thankfully). :mrgreen:

How would they be for power if next time we had twice as many people show up?

My poor little HT-5 was way outclassed, so I think I'll bring the Roland again next time which will at least give me 25 more watts.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Ya, most def good fun. Six hours of driving today to get to it -- don't you guys feel special and loved now? :lol:

Rog, any chance of those pics up here? Rog actually looked a bit like I thought he would -- I had a mental picture of a skinny John Candy. (Complete compliment, btw.)

I was mightily impressed by Polar Bear and how much stuff he brought. I feel stupid for not having brought my Precision for Rog to have a titu on, even if I can't play it.

Ben and Sooty did pretty much what I expected -- play U2 covers most of the time ;-)

I think the only one who wasn't overly impressed with my amp was Vince -- it really couldn't do the business with his axe he brought!

And the traffic was pathetic, the roads were full of old nanna's doing 70-80kmh in 100k zones, and 40-60 in 80k zones. Only day I've EVER seen where the passing lanes were empty, with everyone tamely doing 90kph in the left hand lane.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

tekhammer wrote:Not as cramped as Eclipse and waay better parking, so thanks Ben for sorting it. And now I can say I have been in a church on purpose (and I wasn't struck down by lightning thankfully). :mrgreen:
I think it was better there, too -- more of a sense of community with everyone in one spot, rather than a group of individuals showing off. It was easier to find than flamin' Petone, too, despite the goat tracks that Wellington calls roads. (I came across one with speedbumps built by satan with the bones of the damned that ate cars that went faster than 1kph, grrr)
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

alanp wrote: I think the only one who wasn't overly impressed with my amp was Vince -- it really couldn't do the business with his axe he brought!
No, I liked the amp, it's just that as a bass player I couldn't quite relate to it. Other than that, I was most impressed :)

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

BG wrote:
That was the first one I was at, IIRC. I believe it was initiated as a desperate attempth to stem what was an absolute clusterfuck of an open jam scenario. Supplanted by the seperate jam room at Dorkfests and done much better at Tronfests.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?