WelliFest before christmas?

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

When should we meet to show off our manhood - er, ah gear?

November 13th
50%
November 20th
19%
another time
6%
or never, i hate you ben.
25%

Total votes: 16

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Re: WelliFest before christmas?

Post by Polar Bear »

That was really awesome! Thanks Cam for providing the venue, and for everyone who came and made it a great occassion.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Polar Bear wrote:That was really awesome! Thanks Cam for providing the venue, and for everyone who came and made it a great occassion.
Yeah, it was a really interesting venue. Thanks, Cam! :) Good to see everybody and awesome to meet Lawrence and His Amazing Guitars
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Ditto, and dibs on the Mojado if you ever want to sell it Rob :D
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

Yep thanks for the awesome day fellas. Gonna try and upload some photos ASAP
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69250680@N07/

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Yup cool venue for sure, so much more room compared to the old Musicplanet building.

Was good to see some familiar faces as well as meet some people I hadn't met before.

Polar Bear's Burns looked awesome, all sorts of muff fuzz madness. Sick. I thought Lawrence's guitar were very cool, the one with the EMG's and steinberger trem was incredible!

I have noted your dibs on the Bogner Ed, I've never heard it sound that 'crunchy' but as I was saying earlier today it might be because I ran an 8ohm head into a 16 ohm cab (that or the speakers breakup at lower volume than the V30 loaded cabs I'm used to) gotta get some Greenbacks or something lower powered to help it break up a little now because I enjoyed the tone so much.

Pete's amps sounded great, I can't believe the volume level of the princeton reverb. Definitely on the GAS list.

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

So here are the first lot of pics
Attachments
Tubeswell and mr_sooty playing on Tubeswells homemade amps
Tubeswell and mr_sooty playing on Tubeswells homemade amps
My rig
My rig
Polar Bears massive rig
Polar Bears massive rig
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

Second lot
Attachments
Lawrence and PB playing on Lawrence's homemade mini guitars. Insanely tiny!
Lawrence and PB playing on Lawrence's homemade mini guitars. Insanely tiny!
thehenderson (yes he does exist), Polar Bear and Handlefras playing with the AC30
thehenderson (yes he does exist), Polar Bear and Handlefras playing with the AC30
sooty playing with Ed's Les Paul playing through robnobcorncob Boger Mojado in the background
sooty playing with Ed's Les Paul playing through robnobcorncob Boger Mojado in the background
RuBear wrote:

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

Third Lot
Attachments
Vince the Bass Master of Doom
Vince the Bass Master of Doom
sooty's rig
sooty's rig
Random shot of the amp room
Random shot of the amp room
RuBear wrote:

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Yeah, fun times. Highlights for me:

- Lawrence's home made 'Number 9' guitar. Wonderfully innovative design, played incredibly, and sounded awesome! Nice work man. Definitely sell-able.

- Tubeswell's homebuilt tweed tremolux and stand alone reverb unit. Wonderful classic fender tone. Your Princeton Reverb also kills the official Fender reissue.

- Ed's $1700 Gibson Les Paul classic. Sounded great, looked totally cool, hearing how much you paid made me feel ill. Great score, even if you didn't really mean to buy it.

- Finding out the Henderson really does exist.

Looking forward to the next one, assuming I don't find anything missing from the shop tomorrow. :wink:
Last edited by mr_sooty on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

Last one
Attachments
mr_sooty, robnobcorncob, slash-ed and Handlefras
mr_sooty, robnobcorncob, slash-ed and Handlefras
RuBear wrote:

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Benrocky wrote:Second lot
Not only does thehenderson exist, but perhaps more surprisingly, he shows up in photographs. :lol:
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

Fantastic day all round. I really learnt alot today, so it was well worth the trip.

Got to put the little AC4tv through PB's AC30 and it was sublime. And after chatting to Tubeswell, im now gonna have a go at making my first cab.
RuBear wrote:

tubeswell
Gibson
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by tubeswell »

Yup great to catch up with a few peeps and meets a few here-to-fore unforeseen faces.

(FWIW I have some surplus NOS Sovtek 5U4G 3A rectifier tubes for sale at the mo' (same types as used in those amps today) if anyone needs a 5U4G (the Sovtek 5U4G can be subbed for a 5U4GA or 5U4GB). PM me if you are interested. These tubes require s 3A 5V winding on the PT.)
He who dies with the most toobs... wins

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

tubeswell wrote:Yup great to catch up with a few peeps and meets a few here-to-fore unforeseen faces.

(FWIW I have some surplus NOS Sovtek 5U4G 3A rectifier tubes for sale at the mo' (same types as used in those amps today) if anyone needs a 5U4G (the Sovtek 5U4G can be subbed for a 5U4GA or 5U4GB). PM me if you are interested. These tubes require s 3A 5V winding on the PT.)
Hey Pete when Cam was playing through your Tremolux do you remember how high the volume was set? Your Princeton Reverb clone sounds awesome, is there a Fender amp that sounds more or less identical but with slightly more volume? (able to gig with a drummer without being mic'd up ?)

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Hey Pete, if you have any NOS 5AR4's lying around I'll swap you one for that Jensen speaker. BTW, the Reverend is all fixed up if anyone cares - I managed to make the hole big enough for the new pot. 8)