Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Chch Gearfest March 20th 2011 - To Be Confirmed

Post by jeremyb »

I had a bunch of patches loaded into the HD to show it off and did a ton of practice and learnt a bunch of riffs, so was proper organized leading up to this, but my thumb I busted during the quake is still stuffed and I haven't picked up a guitar in 3 weeks now, lame :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

OK, I came in here to post that it didn't look like there was much interest, but I think that maybe there is :)

So since it's this Sunday

Who's coming along?
Are you bringing anyone else (family)*

Also, forget what I said about keeping the noise down, bring whatever gear you want to. It's a 7.5x9m room so should be plenty of room (even with the stuff I have in there already).

If there is any interest I 'might' be able to rustle up a drummer

I don't know what time you want to start, so let's say feel free to show up anytime after 11am and we'll go on through the afternoon.

I'll have some homebrew beers chilling in the fridge, I'll have a full bottle of gas in the BBQ (I might even clean it) and I'll have a supply of Tea and Coffee, might even rustle up some biscuits.

very easy to find, and we're the only two story house in the road.
PM me for my mobile number etc. if you want them

* A note about families:
Oxford, which is only 20mins away from here, is having a family fun day for anyone affected by the Quake, from 10am till 4pm (I think, or it may be 2pm). The council are keeping the pool open and heated for one more week, there is a sausage sizzle (free provided by Hellers), punch and Judy, puppet shows, bouncy castles, talk of childrens films being shown in the community hall. So there may be a trip out there for anyone interested as well.
Last edited by sty on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

See my last comment in the Wellyfest re skype...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Keen :)

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

I'm in and will be bringing my girlfriend (also a drummer so if there's a drumkit we may be able to coax her into jamming).

Soaphcharga has kindly offered us a lift to yours from where we are staying.
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Happy to carpool myself too... I don't have to pay for my diesel so don't be shy... we could meet at my place in Avondale or somewhere west of the city towards Darfield

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

very generous offer thank John
sadly I have to pass due to Tennis commitments

hope the day goes well guys.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Terexgeek wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I had a bunch of patches loaded into the HD to show it off and did a ton of practice and learnt a bunch of riffs, so was proper organized leading up to this, but my thumb I busted during the quake is still stuffed and I haven't picked up a guitar in 3 weeks now, lame :(
I'm keen on checking out the HD and the Tele if it's set up. I don't think the Yamaha will be back from Ash in time, still waiting on parts from overseas sadly.

Meanwhile, can we get a rough indication of numbers and are we keen for Darfield? It would be nice to give Mr and Mrs Sty fair warning and numbers.

BG if you've not rearranged flights I have a spare room and some Kilkenny.
Teles not setup yet, been a bit slack, have to repaint the headstock before I take it to Peter :? would send it to Ash but I'm concerned about shipping my baby :?

The HD is pretty sweet tho', maybe if I'm not doing 12 hour days by sunday I might cruise out :mrgreen: sat and sun was my first days off since the earthquake, been working right thru since the day after :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

spasm6
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Chch Gearfest March 20th 2011 - Now Confirmed

Post by spasm6 »

Jeremy you should get it setup by Alan Farrow. He does all the work for Rockshop but you can just go to him direct for a lot cheaper.
P.S. Was that you offering $500 for my RGT42 on Trademe?
AXES | Ibanez AS-103BM
FX | Sonic Research Turbo Tuner > AMT Japanese Girl Wah > Jetter Jetdrive > CMAT Mods Analog Chorus > Way Huge Supa-puss Analog Delay
AMP | Blackstar HT-20

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I've heard he's good, but given I built it there might be a bit more tweaking required :lol:

Not I, if it didn't have a floyd I'd be tempted tho', nice guitar!

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

OK the drummer is confirmed, well as confirmed as you can get a 16/17 year old to be, and he's bringing at least one of the guitarists from his band with him.

Looking forward to this now, although it does mean I need to clear up the studio/office as it's become a bit of a dumping ground the last few months.

If you're coming down it would be worth bringing a mains extension block with you if you have one since I only have a couple of power points in here at the moment (with their own fuse board so should be safe) and I have a couple of long extension leads but this isn't like the last venue with cables and plaugs freely available.

Jeremy: bring your HD500 with you if you're coming since I'd love to hear what you've managed with it, I've been a little stalled trying to get any decent sounds out of mine so far and have just restored the factory settings again - I don't have the time to learn how to use it properly yet so short cuts/tuitions would be great :)

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

sty wrote:OK the drummer is confirmed, well as confirmed as you can get a 16/17 year old to be, and he's bringing at least one of the guitarists from his band with him.

Looking forward to this now, although it does mean I need to clear up the studio/office as it's become a bit of a dumping ground the last few months.

If you're coming down it would be worth bringing a mains extension block with you if you have one since I only have a couple of power points in here at the moment (with their own fuse board so should be safe) and I have a couple of long extension leads but this isn't like the last venue with cables and plaugs freely available.

Jeremy: bring your HD500 with you if you're coming since I'd love to hear what you've managed with it, I've been a little stalled trying to get any decent sounds out of mine so far and have just restored the factory settings again - I don't have the time to learn how to use it properly yet so short cuts/tuitions would be great :)
wicked can't wait. I'll bring this big powerboard I have with about 10 separate plugs with their own switches. Just got the plexi back from the tech and it's sounding GREAT can't wait to fire it up through an Orange
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I might just bring my gear and some nurofen and harden up, will have to check with the family tho', see if they want to do the oxford thing or stay home :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Righto I'm confirmed, can vaguely play too, forgotten everything I learnt but meh, couple of nights practice it will come back :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sty wrote: Jeremy: bring your HD500 with you if you're coming since I'd love to hear what you've managed with it, I've been a little stalled trying to get any decent sounds out of mine so far and have just restored the factory settings again - I don't have the time to learn how to use it properly yet so short cuts/tuitions would be great :)
Best thing I did was ditch the headphones and plug it into my amps effects return, then switch between the preamp and full amp models, some sound better in one mode than the other, only a few of the presets are worth persevering with, the rest are decidedly average, I have a couple you are bound to like tho', not only my work, one or two are from the line6 community site :)