Total votes: 16

tubeswell
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Wellington gearfest: Sunday 10 April

Post by tubeswell »

Frey wrote: Ha. I had it in my mind that it was a blackface princeton!
I wish tubeswell had stuck around when it quietened down.
I played his paisley princeton at the hotel bristol blues jam and it is absolutely lovely.
I think I take a different approach to him, basically dime the volume, the bass and treble (though maybe on 7 in reality), reverb on like 1-2 (insane cavernous reverb!). The nurn down the guitar and turn up again when I want to burn.
That's the same approach I take, but I couldn't hear myself think once the talkfest bit ended and I forgot about bringing earplugs so I had to bail.

The little SE thingy didn't make the trade me cut unfortunately (even tho it had 48 watching it go down in flames). I had one request for an offer afterwards but I couldn't go below $650. So I have to rethink that concept - might use it as a SE modding platform (or maybe chuck a PP tranny in it and strip the cab back to a wood look and put on a fancy brass dashboard, like some quasi tweed 6V6 super) with trem and an EF86 up front?
He who dies with the most toobs... wins

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

tubeswell wrote:The little SE thingy didn't make the trade me cut unfortunately (even tho it had 48 watching it go down in flames). I had one request for an offer afterwards but I couldn't go below $650. So I have to rethink that concept - might use it as a SE modding platform (or maybe chuck a PP tranny in it and strip the cab back to a wood look and put on a fancy brass dashboard, like some quasi tweed 6V6 super) with trem and an EF86 up front?
I would just re-list it. It's a bargain at $650. It an original desing with a beautiful sound. Only thing I'd change on the 'production model' is maybe putting that resistor in the trem circuit you mentioned so that the trem comes in earlier on the dial, and maybe reversing the mojo pot. But this amp is basically your own original desing and it's brilliant.

Things are taking a bit longer to sell on Trade Me these days, but I reckon if you stick at it, you'll sell it for $650 eventually. I'd definitely pay that for it if I could aford it. Or you might want to keep it as the prototype!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Might have been more popular with a 12" in it? sounds like a great amp, I'd be fairly keen myself in that config, no money at the mo' tho'...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

mr_sooty wrote:Things are taking a bit longer to sell on Trade Me these days,
You got that right. There was a Sovtek MIG50 that just went for $775, had been hovering around the $800-850 mark for a couple of weeks. Last time I saw one it was gone in a couple of days. And that Bellbird and extension cab just went for a little over $1500.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

jeremyb wrote:Might have been more popular with a 12" in it? ...
The speaker that's in it currently sounds great. Celestion G10.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

hamo wrote:And that Bellbird and extension cab just went for a little over $1500.
That is flat-out nuts.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

benderissimo wrote:
hamo wrote:And that Bellbird and extension cab just went for a little over $1500.
That is flat-out nuts.
I know, right? There are bargains to be had right now, but it seems like that's because no-one has any money to take advantage of them until the seller gets despo.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:it seems like that's because no-one has any money to take advantage of them until the seller gets despo.
that's just called smart trading...if it's not something you have to have and are willing to miss out on it waiting for the price you want to pay, then 9/10 times in this market you'll probably get it at a very nice price
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be