Tron V Gearfest August 2011

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tron V Gearfest 13th August 2011

Yes, 13th is all good.
71%
No, I have booked out every weekend in August to work on my abs, pecs and glutes.
29%

Total votes: 21

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Tron V Gearfest August 2011

Post by GrantB »

Thanks Darcy for organising the fest - it was another great one and although we had some apologies the mix of gear and styles was broad and there was more than one could get around in an afternoon. Thanks to everyone (esp those that traveled far) who attended.

OpenCoil's Deluxe opened my ears/eyes, as I've only ever played old versions. It had the great 6V6 breakup and matched with the lush verb made it very desirable.

Thanks rocklander and Tonemaker for letting me try out those pedals. Dr Boogie rules the universe.

Mark - good to see you there, and now posting. Come and try those Strat pickups if you want some stage - they're a good reference tone.

CallingCards wardrobe find guitar actually sounded reasonably good! Super funky. The Double/Twin (can't remember) sounded very nice also.

stuu's Blue Angel was nice on the 6V6 setting - smooth and nice breakup with some serious volume on tap. That reverb adding some drive is an interesting feature and likely very usable. I'd always wanted to hear one of those loud - thanks!

Enjoyed some of the impromptu jamming...we were short a bass with Chris unable to make it.

The Marshalls in the "room of doom", especially the one on top, were great. Aside from the monstrous volume on tap, that one had a real old school straight up rock n roll sound that is hard to beat.

I have some photo's which I'll load some stage.

Suggest before the next one we have a think about what we can do a little differently and maybe finish with beers and BBQ.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I had a blast jamming with you fullahs too- Darcy and Grant's make a great duo! I might bring my bass next time and lead a funk jam for a bit of variety 8)

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Oh yes and Thanks to Darcey and Unique for putting it all together..

Was it Hamish that had the Strat and Tele back of the room behind the last couch on the right side? I really liked that Tele, Ive not seen one like that...Nice playing too!

I did not bring gats and amps this time as I wanted to have a different perspective on the gear... It was really interesting...

Amazing how fast the day goes... just barely get started and the day is over...

Thanks for all the people that drove in from out of town..and brought so much gear, HiGainer needed two vehicles... :shock: I was wondering how he was going to bring all of that down...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Hey good people! Thanks once again for making the Tron rock at Gearfest Hamilton. Without you, ain't nothin' happenin'. Especially thankful for *UNIQUE* taking the helm when I was called away on parenting duties.

Good to see some new faces. Another Hamish, Mark, Gelato (again) and that girl (who has a lovely mum). Opencoil had a wonderful blonde tele with that superb Fender deluxe reverb. Great Johnny Cash shuffle too!

I always look forward to a jam and some improvised song writing. I wasn't disapointed. I suspect some of that noodling may make it to record in 2012.

Photos to come...
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Tonemaker wrote:http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nzguitars/

I put up 40 pics... what a pain that was...
Thanks for the pics bro... looks like an awesome 'fest!

Awesome gear all round! So much to ogle and admire! I hesitate to mention anything as there was so much cool stuff there.
I think I spied Rock's pedalboard of homebrew goodness! Who owned the tasty brown Gretsch?
Last edited by Cdog on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Tonemaker wrote:Oh yes and Thanks to Darcey and Unique for putting it all together....
Thank Darcy - I had nothing to do with it!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Cdog - if you mean that Gretsch on the rack that's a 1969 Duo Jet...one of my favourite tone machines. Teamed with the JMI it's RnR madness.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Cdog - if you mean that Gretsch on the rack that's a 1969 Duo Jet...one of my favourite tone machines. Teamed with the JMI it's RnR madness.
Like 8)

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Can you spot BG? He's there in spirit!
Can you spot BG? He's there in spirit!
Tube amp love...
Tube amp love...
65 style.
65 style.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

Great turnout guys. Seriously keen to make the trek for the next one.
AFK.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Gelato wailing on an Ash custom.
Gelato wailing on an Ash custom.
Ben plays it cool. Check the righteous tolex colour.
Ben plays it cool. Check the righteous tolex colour.
Matman on cam.
Matman on cam.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

DarcyPerry wrote:
DSC06224.JPG
I can barely contain my excitement. Hold me back. :lol: :lol:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Guitars galore!
Guitars galore!
Opencoil puts *UNIQUE*'s rig to the test.
Opencoil puts *UNIQUE*'s rig to the test.
Guitarist pose 101: studying fretboard.
Guitarist pose 101: studying fretboard.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

awesome turnout, once again sorry I couldn't make it :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

BG wrote:awesome turnout, once again sorry I couldn't make it :(
Take a closer look at the poster behind *UNIQUE*.
Tronfest V
Tronfest V