Sunday 19th August
No votes
0%
Saturday 25th August
6%
Sunday 26th August
13%
BY hamo
Right, well I've written it on the calendar in the kitchen in pen. This is as close to setting something in stone as it gets in our house.
BY TmcB
This weekend...will be good times!
BY alanp
I've been put on night shift, so hopefully I don't get lumped with a 11am-3pm OT on Saturday... otherwise, yaaaaay...
BY hudsonsaul
Where is this happening this weekend?

Fully aware that it might be buried in the previous 6 pages, BUT its sociable to ask and spark an interwebz conversation around this.
BY Vince
hudsonsaul wrote:Where is this happening this weekend?

Fully aware that it might be buried in the previous 6 pages, BUT its sociable to ask and spark an interwebz conversation around this.

Lawrence wrote: Venue on!
264 Cuba St (Whitireia Wellington Campus - formerly the Radio Training School)
Have booked the venue from 12.45 till 5.15.

No problems with people bringing refreshments....just have to take empties away etc.
Ill Put a "Private Function" sign on the door.

His emphasis, not mine :D
BY alanp
BY Lawrence
Vince wrote:Yep, it's that building. Not sure about the car park, last time we were there it was a Sunday. Perhaps the other shops will be closed by 1:00pm?

Theres about 8 carparks reserved for Whitireia,,,clearely marked.
BY slash-ed
Thanks heaps for doing the venue organizing, Lawrence! Been awhile since I've seen you, I expect to see some unique new guitar creations from you :D
BY slash-ed
In case you missed it, lurking bass players take note, I'll be bringing this beauty to the Welly Gearfest this Sat, as well as at least one Ash guitar (and a whole bunch of other shit as well)

ash wrote:When I started this thread I wasn't seriously expecting to build a boring old P-Bass, but much pondering made it clear that they aren't the most dominant electric bass of all time for nothing. Also, I had most of the bits ready to work with, so it wasn't too much drama to throw it into the batch.

So, here it is... the official Radian Bass:

The body is one-piece of NZ grown alder, complete with bizarre flecks, swirls and stains. Even a tiny hint of flame in some spots. Finished is satin lacquer all over for silky smooth feel.

Jazz bass sized neck - a little narrower than the usual P-bass neck and a fairly common wish-list thing for P-basses.

The Ash P-Bass pickup is fairly traditional, but has extra magic tricks up its sleeve. The tone knob has a push-pull switch that brings a brighter, clearer tone out of the pickup to get a bonus tone a little closer to Jazz bass territory.

Persons of a Wellingtonian persuasion will be able to try it for themselves at the Welly Fest. Slash-Ed will be the custodian of the Radian Bass.

Of course it's for sale... never been gigged, why so cheap. PM me for info if you want it or one a bit like it.
BY rickenbackerkid
A recording session has come up, which I need to do for the dinero. But I should be able to make the gearfest as well, the session is only a demo and tracking should only take a couple of hours.