willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: Wellington Gearfest - 10th March 2013

Post by willow13 »

slash-ed wrote:Haha, that was probably my worst half rendition of Eruption... Hamo, sneaky bugger!

I just did a big pic dump (hah) here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 660&type=1

Too lazy to embed them all here, there are about 100 pics, so check 'em out on FB, and post your picks in the thread if you like.
:geek: :geek: is that your EVH special there as well ed ?????....... how are the necks compared to the peavey ??
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

The EVH Wolfgang Special is Gelato's. The neck on his is actually a bit more beefy feeling than my black Peavey Wolf. The new amber Wolf looks like it had some minor repairs done to one patch of the neck at the factory and was then consequently sanded down afterwards, and so it has the thinnest neck of the three.

The finishing on the EVH Special's neck feels more like a satin clear finish than the oiled finish on the Peaveys, and because of that they do actually feel rather different to me.

I think I prefer the black one out of the three... but the amber one just looks so pretty that I'm sure I'll keep it too :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Ironbird13 wrote:sweet, nice sounding and LOUD speakers. the same as in Alan's 2x12 I think?
I might have to get me some of those at some stage the G12L's in my lil Marshall cab are a bit too quiet (I had noticed the lil toaster seemed louder through Alans 2x12 than my 4x12)
Same speakers, Tony's cab I suspect is closed back, though... mine is open which reduces the efficiency a bit (although G12H30's are pretty darn efficient to begin with in db/watt stakes...)
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

alanp wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:sweet, nice sounding and LOUD speakers. the same as in Alan's 2x12 I think?
I might have to get me some of those at some stage the G12L's in my lil Marshall cab are a bit too quiet (I had noticed the lil toaster seemed louder through Alans 2x12 than my 4x12)
Same speakers, Tony's cab I suspect is closed back, though... mine is open which reduces the efficiency a bit (although G12H30's are pretty darn efficient to begin with in db/watt stakes...)
Tony's is partially open too, did you miss the thread where he modded it?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

alanp wrote:
nope, his was open too, I found that out when I put my head around the back to check out the bottles, not a good idea when some one is plugged in :wtf: :crazy: :crazy: :mental: :rofl:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Huh... well, one day I will saw up a board to completely cover the back, and see what happens :evil:
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol