Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: TRONFEST may 11th

Post by willow13 »

slash-ed wrote:almost donated my AFD to the Hamilton NZGers after leaving it in a separate room from my other gear :crazy: Thanks willow for catching that, and thanks Capt Black for bringing it back for me!
you are lucky I still had your phone number :rofl:

I want to thank everyone for coming today, it was an awesome turnout and a great day all around.....big thanks to tonemaker for sorting out venue and food

I took a grand total of 8 photo's and none of them are worth posting so I will wait for higainer and others to post theirs.......

highlights for me today were.......

1...hearing my amp next to the marshalls and mojave and still loving how it sounds. Got to test out a number of cabs and am now even more confused as to what to get :rofl: :rofl: ...actually I have a fare idea :P
2...hearing single coils jcm900 stacked with a boss sd 1...i usually don't like gain stacking but his pedal and amp just sounded right together :thumbup:
3...Ed's Line 6 DT...tonemaker and me had a play through it and I wasn't overly impressed but then ed came in and flicked a switch and I almost shat my pants :rofl: :rofl: ..he dialed in the soldano amp and I was in love, then we put the head into tonemakers 2x12 mesa cab (with V30) and I was ready to shoot one off :shifty:
4.. capt blacks jansen........yes I love gain and rely heavily on a gain knob, but this amp just slays for shear power in terms of natural gain and response with tone/volume controls. The everything cranking sound is a tone I could sit all day with and never get bored (in fact I came up with a new riff pretty much as soon as I plugged in so thats always a good sign...now I just have to remember it :? )
5.....danny danny danny...danny came up to me and said he had the shreddiest (spl?) guitar there so obviously I had to try it and he wasn't joking :roll: ...his charvel so cal had the most PERFECT neck on any guitar I have ever touched. Even when I was just holding it by the neck to plug a lead in I knew it was something very special. Then I plugged it in and the first words that came into my head were "fuck it" because I had GAS like I haven't had in a long time.. I have always been a charvel fan (surprise surprise) but haven't tried the san dimas/so cal guitars so it came as a big shock at how great it was......If my next NGD isn't a charvel then clearly the world has broken :crazy:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

AiRdAd wrote:
So my strategy of being the last one to leave and just taking home what was left over, wasn't too bad a strategy eh! :-)
I think I would have "placed it" in my car before that happened :moresarc:

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 755 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Miza »

Awesome gearfest as usual.

Thanks heaps to Tonemake for organising the space, great spot with lots of separate rooms. Made it a lot easier to hear what you're doing.
Nothing to see here.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

willow13 wrote: 5.....danny danny danny...danny came up to me and said he had the shreddiest (spl?) guitar there so obviously I had to try it and he wasn't joking :roll: ...his charvel so cal had the most PERFECT neck on any guitar I have ever touched. Even when I was just holding it by the neck to plug a lead in I knew it was something very special. Then I plugged it in and the first words that came into my head were "fuck it" because I had GAS like I haven't had in a long time.. I have always been a charvel fan (surprise surprise) but haven't tried the san dimas/so cal guitars so it came as a big shock at how great it was......If my next NGD isn't a charvel then clearly the world has broken :crazy:
I've played a couple of those Charvels and they've all been awesome.

Having different rooms was awesome, huge thanks to Tonemaker for setting it up. I played and listened to too much awesome gear to list it all.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

TRONFEST may 11th

Post by Capt. Black »

Great gear fest in every way. Thanks ham-folk. I really enjoyed the afternoon.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Lyle wrote: I've played a couple of those Charvels and they've all been awesome.
thats good to hear...also your ash strat was great...what is the neck pick up??...loved that sound

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Also i'm pretty sure tonemaker has photographic evidence that BG was there........... :moresarc:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Thanks (and blessings) Tonemaker! What an awesome afternoon! I have some photos, although I don't think I got a tenth of the action. Great crowd.
Some really wild sounds going on in the rooms.
Some really wild sounds going on in the rooms.
A rare sight... Tuning!
A rare sight... Tuning!
I missed you BG. I also had your share of sausages.
I missed you BG. I also had your share of sausages.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Blues Jam!
Blues Jam!
Knight and squire.
Knight and squire.
Room fulla blues!
Room fulla blues!
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Gibson anyone?
Gibson anyone?

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Check out the location of pickup switch...
Check out the location of pickup switch...

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Tone Stack!
Tone Stack!

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

What light from yonder window breaks?
What light from yonder window breaks?

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Tokai Love!
Tokai Love!

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Piratecaster!
Piratecaster!
Check that serial number!
Check that serial number!