Total votes: 23

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by bender »

Tonemaker wrote:Besides the Vox's, fender type circuits, any other interesting amps being brought? Willows bringing the JC pretty sure...Interesting Marshalls? Always wanted to hear a HiWatt in person... Grant has some interesting amps, your bringing the RedPlate?
I'm bringing an Ampeg Reverberocket built by Ryan for a bit of variation. Not sure it's your cuppatea though.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

I think the high gainers might be interested in the BlackVerb. And of course the /13 which is big Marshall all round.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Sounds good!!
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

benderissimo wrote:Hey Slowy, there's been a terrible accident with your Korinacaster... it spontaneously imploded, miraculously leaving no trace at all. Never mind though, it was a crap guitar anyway.
Yeah. Designed by and for a ham fisted gorilla. No loss. :D

Given the similarities and differences, I'll be interested to hear how it compares to yours.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

slowfingers wrote:
benderissimo wrote:Hey Slowy, there's been a terrible accident with your Korinacaster... it spontaneously imploded, miraculously leaving no trace at all. Never mind though, it was a crap guitar anyway.
Yeah. Designed by and for a ham fisted gorilla. No loss. :D

Given the similarities and differences, I'll be interested to hear how it compares to yours.
Unplugged, I'd say it's a bit like comparing a Les Paul (Korinacaster) to a 335 (Feathercaster). They're as resonant and responsive as each other but in quite different ways. The Korinacaster feels more solid and serious (and rockier) where the Feathercaster is bouncy/lively. I'd also say that the Korinacaster is probably more most people's cup of tea but the Feathercaster is funkier and more me

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

I have no room for a Les Paul. :oh:
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Don't worry Grant, I'm bringing that Robin with the mother of all chunky necks along.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

benderissimo wrote: Unplugged, I'd say it's a bit like comparing a Les Paul (Korinacaster) to a 335 (Feathercaster). They're as resonant and responsive as each other but in quite different ways. The Korinacaster feels more solid and serious (and rockier) where the Feathercaster is bouncy/lively. I'd also say that the Korinacaster is probably more most people's cup of tea but the Feathercaster is funkier and more me
Interesting... When I put it together, the image in my mind was 'a Tele that grew up in a family of Les Paul Juniors'.
Solid and serious sounds right too; I tend to reach for it when the fuzz and delay are turned on. Though Stewie from The Barnshieks turns it into a wonderful sounding jazz guitar.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

FunkUncle wrote:I have no room for a Les Paul. :oh:
Don't believe you. Didn't you see what Capt Black, Ryan and myself got into the Hilux last time?

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

benderissimo wrote:Don't worry Grant, I'm bringing that Robin with the mother of all chunky necks along.
Nice. I got a chunky neck SG Jnr for you to try.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

slowfingers wrote:
Don't believe you. Didn't you see what Capt Black, Ryan and myself got into the Hilux last time?
wasn't quite last time slowie (rog?) we were still at the old venue then :crazy: ...... I remember thinking seeing you guys get out of the hilux we like the clowns in the little car thing they do at the circus :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by Capt. Black »

willow13 wrote:
slowfingers wrote:
wasn't quite last time slowie (rog?) we were still at the old venue then :crazy: ...... I remember thinking seeing you guys get out of the hilux we like the clowns in the little car thing they do at the circus :rofl:
:D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote:
wasn't quite last time slowie ...
Was the last time I made it to the Tron. :(

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by Bg »

Passport problems?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

His sexual diseases weren't up to date. ...

Great fest. In fact excellent fest. Photos will follow no doubt.