Post by robnobcorncob »

Pics! :)

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by bender »

FunkUncle wrote:Great fest. In fact excellent fest. Photos will follow no doubt.
Agreed. Thanks to Willow for organising and thanks to all who brought the cool gear to play with!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I've just left the venue. Huge day, big thanks to Dave for organising it.
It was great meeting new people, Sean and Ben, and catching up with all the familiar faces.

Slowie, I could of sold your tele four times, everyone LOVED IT! thanks to you and Ben for getting it here.

Lots of lovely gear, in fact, so much gear, I just didn't get to try it all.

I'll post more tomorrow.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Nice meeting you fellows from down south. Looooong drive to get there but well worth it.

Uploading pics now to photobucket. Can't be bothered to crop, edit, delete the poor ones. You''l see it all, good, bad and ugly.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Here we go 200 odd photos or so

The heaviest gats at the fest:

If you remember Unique.... tis is his little corner...

Lovely Gibson from Jimi

That's it, just kidding.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Yep, another excellent fest. Lots of great gear there as usual. I have desperate lust for a Duo Jet after playing that one of Grant's. Looking at it, I thought it would feel like an SG to play. Quite a thin body and lots of upper fret access, and not the sort of thing I'd typically enjoy. But I felt as comfortable playing it as I do a Tele. Played like buttah and the noise it made was superb. Didn't feel like the Bigsby was in the way either like it does on some guitars. Spent quite a bit of time playing it while my flatmate made use of the drumkit. That was fun.

My flatmate remarked that there wasn't really a lot of jamming and, unless I just totally missed it, it's true. There's normally a big blues jam, but it didn't seem to happen this fest. I think everyone had gear they wanted to play or wanted others to play and sort of stuck to the plan. Not a criticism, just an observation. Plus, Darcy was absent and he seems to have the knack for getting a blues jam happening. Though Ben did play some tasty blues licks over my hack rhythm playing and the drums. I tend not to join in the jams, as I'm musically challenged and don't really know how to get involved when it's guitar upon guitar. But it seemed to make more sense for me with some drums there.

Didn't play the Reverberocket (spent enough time hogging the Vibrolux, sorry Ben. Loved the sound though), but it sounded mighty nice. There was a lot of Ryan-built gear there and it all sounded great. Really stood out. Enjoyed jvpp's Yamaha with mini humbuckers as well. A nice percussive sound. I like the Cub12R too. Reminded me a little bit of my Deluxe Reverb when I was playing it. Clean and kinda snappy.

Anyway, not a bad say to spend a day I suppose... Thanks, of course, to Willow for organising. :D

Edit: EW PICTURES OF ME!

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by KentNZ »

Thanks for the fest, Willow and all. Great to be along, despite my power supply going south very early in the piece. I thought I might have done something dodge to it, but it's seems, according to the manual, not too unusual, so will get the RS guys to take a look at it.

SO loved that tele, Mr Slow. Much want. Really really liked it. I might have had the prettiest tele in the house (yep, humble, as always) but yours has something very special happening in that neck pickup.

It was also really encouraging to give the new amp a run and have so many positive comments on it. Ryan, I think Grant will be giving you a call. Sales commission?! :)

I have mad ideas about organising the next Auckland one. We'll see eh?!
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Time for Willow to spill-o on that new amp!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Danny's road worn strat was my fav...

Haha

Def. Concreted the want for the road worn tele now...

Lots of good things from everyone. Positive attitudes and reaffirming comments etc..

Everyone seemed to enjoy jamming on everyone's stuff.

Cheers Kent for the good ambient jam
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Tronfest May 10..2014

Post by KentNZ »

Likewise, though was tough without my principal delay ;)

Check out passenger95 on YouTube. Karl Verkade.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

KentNZ wrote: SO loved that tele, Mr Slow. Much want. Really really liked it. I might have had the prettiest tele in the house (yep, humble, as always) but yours has something very special happening in that neck pickup.
Thank you for those kind words Mr Kent. The Korinacaster will be so embarrassed it will arrive home with a cherry sunburst. I tried at least 6 sets of pickups in it before the full magic appeared. There's plenty more of it available right here:

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/mercha ... er-pickups
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jvpp wrote:Image
That 335 into the Reverberocket was glorious! Grant's SG Jrs and Duo Jet were brilliant to play too.

It was really great to put more faces to names and it's always a blast to hear what other people do with my gear. There was a terrific selection there too. Danny's roadworn strat, J Mascis jazzmaster and R7 were all cool to try. Twangnsnarl's La Cabronita and AC15HW were loads of raucous fun- the La Cab sounded great through my Tremolux. I'll happily grab Jimi's Ash gold top any time I get a chance and the Bellbird sounded stellar as usual. I spent a fair bit of time wandering round listening to what other people were doing- Kent and Simon's Ryan built amps sounded excellent no matter what/who was plugged into them- plus had a couple of fun jams with Grant and Jimi to round out the day. Good times all round... although I'm damn glad I had my earplugs.

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

That was a great Tronfest, great times had!!! Thanks Willow for setting it all up and for providing the food!! Was nice to see all the Ryan made amps, quite interesting, as they are all custom made unless you spend time with the person who ordered them or Ryan, you would not know what model or type they are but they all sounded great! Great to see everyone, a number of folks I had not met before as well. I enjoyed listening to Joe play through the Mojave setup, while its the same amp I have brought the last few times it has had some changes made to it and now has an ability to do a nice clean, when I bought it, it only did high gain and that was it, there was nothing else available so now it can do from clean to hard rock and has a number of different choices in between.

Willows JC amps were pretty amazing, very cool custom work there! Very different flavored amps, I had thought originally they were the same.

Quite fun to have the Charvel roundup, I would have never thought I would get something that direction, surprisingly with the coil tap it gets very nice strat sounding..

That was alot of gear for the size of the place. The two side rooms were quite packed! Somehow I totally missed the Dannys Carr amp..I guess it was there? Grant had a number of amps were quite interesting. Red Plate interesting, Div/13 very nice, the small one to the right, I cant recall the name, didn't know much about it, don't think I got to hear that one. Dannys gear and amps sounded very nice!!! Jimmys Greenstone setup sounded great as well, Twangsnarl had some nice looking Tele's but I didnt hear what the story was about them..

Its crazy how fast time goes there, I would have really liked to planted myself in the two side rooms and listened to more gear, if I get to go to another one I might just leave my gear at home and focus on trying out different gear..

Thanks Grant for the run though on the JMI, sounded great with your SG.. Was that the SG that you did a big makeover with?

I think maybe SemperSi left a cable wrap or velcro tie of some sort behind, I have it just pm me, I forgot what is written on possibly Ibanez?
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Yesterday was a complete write off for me (daughter's school ball, taxi driver dad required all day), but I must try to make the next one down yonder. Especially if Danny can make it - I didn't realise New Plymouth was now a suburb of Hamilton. It wasn't when I was born there (NP), but that's a long long tome ago.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

And nice to see Nik's/my/Jimi's Les Paul getting some loving.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz