kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Re: Christchurch Gearfest - 6th December 2014

Post by kdawg2a »

I'm gonna be late/early/I don't know when i'll be there due to a gig set up. JB's gonna bring my Supro and i'll bring some mystery guitars and a single lead to showcase the Supro's awesome distorted loudness!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

kdawg2a wrote:I'm gonna be late/early/I don't know when i'll be there due to a gig set up. JB's gonna bring my Supro and i'll bring some mystery guitars and a single lead to showcase the Supro's awesome distorted loudness!
video feed required!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

The downside of the Supro being in my possession will be the impact on my bank account when I have to find the cash to buy one for myself :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

kdawg2a wrote:I love how Wellington takes around 9 years to sort out a gearfest but Christchurch, the mere mention of one means it's happening! We're such gearfest whores! Or maybe we're just a bunch of GCs that love having a beer and talking shit about gear. You can use that for a quote. Not that the other provinces aren't, just we seem to be that little bit more. ;-)
How spread out is Chch, compared to Wellington? I know it's a round trip of 6 hours for me to get to a Wellyfest, but I'm a decided outlier.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 656 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

alanp wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I love how Wellington takes around 9 years to sort out a gearfest but Christchurch, the mere mention of one means it's happening! We're such gearfest whores! Or maybe we're just a bunch of GCs that love having a beer and talking shit about gear. You can use that for a quote. Not that the other provinces aren't, just we seem to be that little bit more. ;-)
How spread out is Chch, compared to Wellington? I know it's a round trip of 6 hours for me to get to a Wellyfest, but I'm a decided outlier.
Way, way, way more. Not anything like Auckland but Wellington is very compact.

For example, a reasonable but not quick commute in Wellington is 20ish mins, whilst the same is about 45 in chch.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

alanp wrote:
Pretty much if it takes more than 15-20 minutes to get anywhere you wouldn't bother in chch :lol: it's a much easier city to navigate than wellington or auckland :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

Yeah, oh man I miss the ability to just take an alternative route somewhere, by taking a parallel road. Wellington you have to go all the way in to the city to just go 1km east as the bird flies. Fun facts: Wellington City is 200km square smaller than Christchurch city. Same kind of regional area though.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Bg wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I'm gonna be late/early/I don't know when i'll be there due to a gig set up. JB's gonna bring my Supro and i'll bring some mystery guitars and a single lead to showcase the Supro's awesome distorted loudness!
video feed required!
See what we can do. JB?
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

TmcB wrote: Way, way, way more. Not anything like Auckland but Wellington is very compact.
Is that including Porirua and The Hutt?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:
Bg wrote:
video feed required!
See what we can do. JB?
Hmmm if I still had a smart phone I could rig something up, but perhaps I can take some video and upload it to youtube later on :)

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

Vince wrote:
TmcB wrote: Way, way, way more. Not anything like Auckland but Wellington is very compact.
Sure isn't, because that's Porirua and the Hutt.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB wrote:
Vince wrote:
Sure isn't, because that's Porirua and the Hutt.
Did you see on stuff they're talking of turning wellington into a super city ala auckland?

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

Yeah, all sorts of consternation up in these parts. Personally I don't see why they've been separate this long, it's like having the east and west suburbs of chch as completely separate cities. (Porirua is very much like Brighton/Aranui/Linwood, the Hutt like Addington/Spreydon/Hornby...and all the stereotypes apply too)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB wrote:Yeah, all sorts of consternation up in these parts. Personally I don't see why they've been separate this long, it's like having the east and west suburbs of chch as completely separate cities. (Porirua is very much like Brighton/Aranui/Linwood, the Hutt like Addington/Spreydon/Hornby...and all the stereotypes apply too)
:lol: a picture paints a thousand words :clap:

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

TmcB wrote:Yeah, all sorts of consternation up in these parts. Personally I don't see why they've been separate this long
Well, if you don't understand it, there's not much point explaining it I guess.

Personally, I see that Upper Hutt has one of the lowest council debts in the country.

And I remember when Celia claimed to "not know" that her temporary offices cost $375,000. I'm fucked if I feel like paying more rates to cover her bullshit.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook