hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Re: Auckland Fest Saturday 25th July 2015 - LOCK AND LOAD

Post by hamo »

Capt. Black wrote:It was also where I first met the very dashing *UNIQUE*, who did that managerial thing he does making everyone shut up, then go around the room and talk/demo what we brought with us. (That was the one where I brought 2 4x12s, a 4x10, 3 Marshall heads, 2 or 3 guitars, a hefty pedal board and still had room for a case of beer in my little Peugeot 309)
Passenger seats are overrated anyway. :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Really gutted I miss this. Work sent me off to Coffs Harbour for a few weeks (for work, lol) Our Auzzie consultant handed in his notice so I'm working on site with a client here for three works.

Not a bad gig but I'm itching to get home and play some guitar!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah the beer was actually quite good...BTW, there is a small outdoor area, I went out there a couple of times to escape the erm noise...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

xCaptainx wrote:Really gutted I miss this. Work sent me off to Coffs Harbour for a few weeks (for work, lol) Our Auzzie consultant handed in his notice so I'm working on site with a client here for three works.
That's at least 3 times the amount of works other people do!
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:Yeah the beer was actually quite good...BTW, there is a small outdoor area, I went out there a couple of times to escape the erm noise...
BG's secret shame. He couldn't go a whole gearfest without sneaking off outside for a fiddle on his acoustic.
TmcB wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:Really gutted I miss this. Work sent me off to Coffs Harbour for a few weeks (for work, lol) Our Auzzie consultant handed in his notice so I'm working on site with a client here for three works.
That's at least 3 times the amount of works other people do!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIEWgwRrY9s[/youtube]
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

I'd also like to see an organised jam at the next fest. Otherwise its just all noise and no music.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

We managed a disorganised jam. Still more noise than music though.

Doc Murray
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Doc Murray »

Well I enjoyed myself did a lot of shouting got out before I got drunk meet some fine people, the din was great to start with but after awhile?
Dogs Bollocks great staff warm fire very welcoming looking forward to next fest.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Which one was you Doc?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Hey me lovelies, we filmed the show-and-tell section and I'm going to cut those up and post them over the next few days or so.
I will upload them to a private YouTube collection and invite the member of each section to view them first and give me their go ahead before I make them available to everyone to watch.
I've had a quick browse through and so far everyone looks good and comes across very nice and natural.

If anyone who appears in a clip would prefer me not to proceed with them, please let me know soon. I'll respect your privacy by not cutting the clip. This will save me some time and upload bandwidth too.

Cheers fullas.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

gutted i couldn't make it up - found out last minute my wife had booked us for my sister in laws engagement party which turned out to be a "sit down with our son to keep him quiet while the young 20-25 year olds drink and laugh"

Total waste of time - would've been better spent in Auckland playing guitars.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

SimpleSi wrote:gutted i couldn't make it up - found out last minute my wife had booked us for my sister in laws engagement party which turned out to be a "sit down with our son to keep him quiet while the young 20-25 year olds drink and laugh"

Total waste of time - would've been better spent in Auckland playing guitars.
I know them feels.

1) Turn up without kid - "Awww, where's _______ ? I was so looking forward to seeing them!"

2) Don't turn up - "Where were you guys? We really missed you, I thought you'd make the effort since it was my birthday/wedding/electricity meter reading..."

3) Turn up with kid - "My, they've grown (into a vortex of tears and destruction)! Here, sit next to all my shiny valuables and loose knife collection whilst I crap on about problems that I could solve by getting in my car and going to a movie/cafe whenever I wanted and getting a latte. Uh, should they be trying to eat all my Codral Night and Day tablets? Why are they whinging (I have no idea why people bring kids to parties, so selfish)?"

4) One parent turns up - "Oh where's ______ and _________? They never seem to make it"
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Capt. Black wrote:Hey me lovelies, we filmed the show-and-tell section and I'm going to cut those up and post them over the next few days or so.
I will upload them to a private YouTube collection and invite the member of each section to view them first and give me their go ahead before I make them available to everyone to watch.
I've had a quick browse through and so far everyone looks good and comes across very nice and natural.

If anyone who appears in a clip would prefer me not to proceed with them, please let me know soon. I'll respect your privacy by not cutting the clip. This will save me some time and upload bandwidth too.

Cheers fullas.
Oooh sounds awesome, looking forward to this!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.