Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Tronfest 19th September! - the best fest

Post by matman »

willow13 wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:Poor matman - had family drama all day - he was there for like 1hour total.. haha.

I held down the fort with his Wintec key until he managed to come back when pretty much everyone had left!
oh so it was his normal attendance then :P
Yep, my Tronfest curse is still in full effect :evil: Locked date in 3 months before, organised venue so I had good reason to be there all day, reminded my wife on regular basis that it was coming up - thought I was sweet. Then my wife finds out she's needed on an all day film shoot on the same day (she's a media arts student) and that the 4 year old has a birthday party to go to for his best friend, no worries - got my mum to look after the kids and my wife will leave her thing for an hour to go to the party Then:
Mum says (on Friday) that she can't have the kids. All good - I arrange for my mate's daughter to look after them.
Take my kids to basketball practice on Saturday morning (first one at 6am) then come home intending to load the car and then get my wife to drop me off. She's not ready and says we can't go until my eldest gets picked up by his friend - all good, I'll go unlock the building then come back when they're all ready. Meet Simon, open the building come back where my 7 year old announces "don't go in the hallway - I spewed in there and it's real messy!" (my wife can't handle vomit so lucky me!) go in there any he's got maximum coverage - trail of vom from halfway down the hallway all the way to the toilet. Clean it up, keep an eye on him for a couple of hours to make sure he's not going to spew again. All good he's running around now but the sitter isn't coming until 1.30 now and have to drop youngest and wife at the party. Do that and wife drops me and the (now not spewing) spewer to Tronfest until she gets back from the party (invite said strictly 1 hour). Yay I'm here! Enjoy a quick demo of Simon's Axe FX and (as always) listening to Ben and Grant jam but distracted by keeping an eye on the boy (who incidentally was completely fine - sitter later said he polished off a whole large pizza by himself and showed no sign of being sick for the rest of the day) Wife arrives with the sitter to pick up the spewer but needs me to drop them off and pick up the baby from the party. All good, it's supposed to be finished now. Get there and it's still in full swing. Dudes dressed up as Batman and Ironman are in the middle of running games for the kids. Birthday boy is not interested in playing with anyone else apart from his best mate (my boy) so impossible to extract him without massive disruption... 40 mins later ok - I just need to grab him and then I can shoot back - still plenty of time. Then (not family related) another emergency came up and so sorted that and arrived back just in time to find everyone packing up (as Willow pointed out, pretty much normal attendance). Had a bit of a catch up with Higainer and then locked up..I guess I'm just not meant to ever be able to get through a whole Tronfest.

Despite that, cool to catch up with everyone (even if briefly) and at least I got my G Major 2 (thanks Hacksaw!)

Hey did everyone remember to give Si something for the food and drink? I forgot but will put something through tonight.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Sweet jeebus!

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Everything was covered for this fest. :)

Last fest we covered hire just, so I just absorbed the food costs lol.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Thanks to everyone who turned up for making it a great, friendly fest.

What I like about them is the opportunity to see where other people are coming from, try out different combinations of gear and (most importantly) to talk in person with you gents.

I tried a good variety of amps, including Simon's AxeFX (a toe dip at best unfortunately), and between the Morgan AC20 and Twang's AC15 I have mad Vox GAS. The Hogee Baba was pretty damn stellar too. There was a great selection of Filtertron (and the like) equipped guitars to play, and I managed to get my mits on the pink Cabronita again, which is always a good time. P-90s were well represented too and my BKP Manhattans compared very favourably to the 50s ones in Grant's LP Special (although not as grunty). It seemed like almost everything there had a mate- the Hodgee Baba against my Rhinolux, Morgan vs Vox, 2 LP specials and a Jr, Topanga and Belle Epoch vs Neunaber Slate (spring and tape modes), Gretsches, semis, teles etc. Lots of things to compare. Loads of fun as always, and I always dig it when we manage a jam.

Big ups to Matt and Simon for organising, and Danny for the fermented yak piss I mean Heineken.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Everyone was too scared by the technology. Lol.

Plus the Axe does A LOT... From what some people saw.. Hardly scraped the surface
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Pink Cabronita? :grump: 'Tis red!

Ok, it's a little bit pink.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

twangnsnarl wrote:Pink Cabronita? :grump: 'Tis red!

Ok, it's a little bit pink.
You're almost as easy to wind up as Conway!

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

:lol: No swimming pool tops here, though.

Seriously, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's pink. I certainly thought so when the body arrived. Thankfully, as a complete guitar, that illusion has mostly disappeared. In certain lights though... Faded Fiesta often looks a bit pink. I'm not ashamed of my pink bits (IB:JB)! :shifty:

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Embrace the pink! I mean that in an 80s hair metal way, not a dodgy way. Oh wait, 80s hair is about as dodgy as it gets...

Yeah, thanks to Si & Matt for the organising and the snags. Nice one lads!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

GrantB wrote:My list, for my old man brain purposes...

ES345
Gretsch 6120
Gretsch Duo Jet
Explorer
Tamerlane
Morgan AC20
Couple o cabs

What was the third amp you bought with you? Not the Morgan and not the hodgee?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

65amps Tupelo!