Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7686 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Chch Gearfest Oct the 17th

Post by jeremyb »

Maybe we should have an acoustic gearfest, bbq and beers...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

jeremyb wrote:Maybe we should have an acoustic gearfest, bbq and beers...
... said no jeremyb ever.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

It certainly had some volume that AC30.

The time passed too quickly. We should've taken the trouble to go around the room and listen to each other's gear rather than competing for volume. S'OK. We'll just have to have ANOTHER ONE! :-)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote:It certainly had some volume that AC30.

The time passed too quickly. We should've taken the trouble to go around the room and listen to each other's gear rather than competing for volume. S'OK. We'll just have to have ANOTHER ONE! :-)
Multiple truths in this post 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Definitely do this! Worked a treat doing the rig rundowns at the Welly one.
To be fair, it took most of the time but hearing the awesomeness of everything being played by the guys who own the gear and therefore know how to coax the goodness out was invaluable. Besides, there's always a good hour of trying all the stuff out and making a huge racket afterwards to make sure you still experience tinnitus on the drive home
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Come on- we all know that the man with the most TOANZ wins ... and that TOANZ can only be bought about the GAINZ on the AMPZ
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

finn61 wrote:That was the first time i've been able to crank my AC30, and it was still a decent bit quieter than that Marshall... Thoroughly enjoyed both sides of it.
Really nice to get a chance to talk gear with people who are into it even more than me.
Your pedalboard was great, really liked the one on the far right but can't remember exactly what it was. A really full-sounding OD, might have been an Empress? Great to meet you anyway Finn :wink:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Sounds like a plan!

Yeah, I like the idea of just going round and checking out people's gear, I'd love to have had more time to be able to spend with everyone and get to try some stuff out, hear the amps that 'turn me on' so-to-speak.In that scenario I would of course bring a hell of a lot more than a combo and a couple of pedals lol 8)

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Yeah doing the "Rig Rundowns" was actually awesome - mainly because everyone's rigs are so different. Helps break the ice too - always tricky when meeting people from the internet :D

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

sirvill wrote: - always tricky when meeting people from the internet :D
LOL. Depends where you've been on the Internet.... ;-)

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

sirvill wrote:always tricky when meeting people from the internet :D
hur hur hur

finn61
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by finn61 »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
finn61 wrote:That was the first time i've been able to crank my AC30, and it was still a decent bit quieter than that Marshall... Thoroughly enjoyed both sides of it.
Really nice to get a chance to talk gear with people who are into it even more than me.
Your pedalboard was great, really liked the one on the far right but can't remember exactly what it was. A really full-sounding OD, might have been an Empress? Great to meet you anyway Finn :wink:
Black, up the top right with only one pot? That was an empress buffer+, it's a buffer with built in volume booster, adjustable input resistance, and noise reduction. What you heard was the AC30 with a boost in front of it :P

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

finn61 wrote:Black, up the top right with only one pot? That was an empress buffer+, it's a buffer with built in volume booster, adjustable input resistance, and noise reduction. What you heard was the AC30 with a boost in front of it :P
That might have been the one, think you had a couple of boosts but when you switched this one it had a really full bottom end ooer.

Plus AC30's are awesome, such a distinct sound to them.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Sad to have missed this, looks like it was a great day and some new faces as well. On the other hand, I was in Auckland seeing Kiss at Vector with the family and buying Vinyl records :)

kdawg2a wrote:[Among other things, I'm bringing an acoustic to gearfest. Has it ever been done before down here? Maybe not. Goddamn innovator I am.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Can you play through a dehumidifier?