Christchurch Gearfest June 10th 2017 - Pics page 13

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Christchurch Gearfest June 10th 2017 - Pics page 13

Post by Mini Forklift »

mttn3 wrote:Thanks! It was yours in particular I was watching as you tuned up, it looked swish.
If you don't want to pay $100+ I got mine from ThiefMe for $15. Does the job just great, I've had it since last year and I'm still on the original battery - it says 'AT-200D' on it but not 100% sure of the brand as it's written in stupid fonts :eh:

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
mttn3 wrote:Thanks! It was yours in particular I was watching as you tuned up, it looked swish.
If you don't want to pay $100+ I got mine from ThiefMe for $15. Does the job just great, I've had it since last year and I'm still on the original battery - it says 'AT-200D' on it but not 100% sure of the brand as it's written in stupid fonts :eh:
:oh: I didn't realise they were that much! I'm off to read some review comparisons :P
I hear the Snark one is good.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Good work guys...clearly serious business.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

GrantB wrote:Good work guys...clearly serious business.
Can't speak for the others but I'm contemplating the purchase of a Friedman head to go with the cab. Something like: "Hmm... It's crazy f'kin' expensive but it does look cool..."

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I bought a Korg pitchcrow-G, really happy with it :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

I was just standing there like a numpty. :congrats:

Here's a 20 second video I happened to take of people standing around, before a jam happened and it got properly loud.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

jeremyb wrote:I bought a Korg pitchcrow-G, really happy with it :)
Yeh that looks nice too, with lots of colours and all that.
Idk. I just need a basic chromatic one so a $10 trademe one should suffice but all these nice ones with strobe tuning and shiny screens and 0.1c accuracy look super nice. :geek:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

mttn3 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I bought a Korg pitchcrow-G, really happy with it :)
Yeh that looks nice too, with lots of colours and all that.
Idk. I just need a basic chromatic one so a $10 trademe one should suffice but all these nice ones with strobe tuning and shiny screens and 0.1c accuracy look super nice. :geek:
I never thought tuning accuracy is such a big deal... until I played with a violinist who has a near pitch perfect hearing... :/

The Snark HZ-1 I have is fast, and that was the biggest bugbear of mine on the cheap Joyo I bought off TM, from cheeseboy... aka Dave at guitarstuff.co.nz

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Good work guys...clearly serious business.
That's everyone trying to comprehend what i was babbling about... I didn't know, so no one else had a chance!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I come from a time before tuners, when pitch pipes ruled the land.... I can wait for a joyo to give me an E then do it with harmonics.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Mattallica wrote:That's everyone trying to comprehend what i was babbling about... I didn't know, so no one else had a chance!
I actually found your gear talk really interesting, possibly because your kind of setup and drop-tuned guitar sound is alien to me. When you hit a chord it sounded like you were tuned to B or something insane!

Cool for sure :-)

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

I actually found your gear talk really interesting, possibly because your kind of setup and drop-tuned guitar sound is alien to me. When you hit a chord it sounded like you were tuned to B or something insane!

Ha! You and everyone else i reckon, except maybe Mark? that's a good way to describe it.

It was only drop D :lol:

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Mattallica wrote:

Ha! You and everyone else i reckon, except maybe Mark? that's a good way to describe it.

Yeah, most of my guitars there were tuned to C so dropped D still sounded pretty happy.
Ummm....

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

sopachrga wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

Yeah, most of my guitars there were tuned to C so dropped D still sounded pretty happy.
Nothing wrong with drop C! I spent the best part of 5 years playing in a band tuned to drop C. It just makes everything you play sound a bit meaner.
My brother in law is into djent and they are another step down again I think, hard to cut through in the mix below drop C though in my opinion.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

sopachrga wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

I think I've been caught out before trying to play one of your guitars at a gearfest. No idea how to transpose so I could play wagon wheel ;)