Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Post by Bg »

looks like there may be a surplus of sausages then :) Cool, should wash my Tetleys down a treat :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

TMG 03 wrote:I will spend the day driving a furniture truck to the coromandel and back. 18 wheels of justice. ;)
how many wheels? I reckon 4 or 6 at the most ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

awesome turnout folks. was great fun being able to hear myself amongst everyone else this time.
AFK.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah that was the best one we've had, lots of v.nice amps and gear there. I managed to resist buying the Pantera - somehow! That guitar is awesome :) But I reckon the missus would have my nads on a plate ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I'm never eating sausages again.... I've O/D'd on them :eek:

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Any pictures from todays events.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

don't think anyone had a camera?

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Good times...

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the Fest yesterday. I really enjoyed it!

Some thoughts from the day.

First time I have heard a Kauri guitar and it sounded very good. In talking to Ash he said that he had made another one in Kauri and it did not sound so good, but the one I heard yesterday played by Darcy was nice.

That boy Darcy can play. First time I have heard you play live Darcy.

The Ampeg SVT bass head of James is wicked. What is you Forum ID James? Great dynamics and growl when you lean into it.

DC's cabs looked really nice.

There was so much gear in there when I arrived I didn't even bother getting mine out of the car.

Polar Bear's AC30 sounds nice, and I really liked the tremolo (and the coffee table guitar).

Bobiron had this cool touchpad effects units that operated in a matrix fashion. A Korg Chaos or something. Pretty cool user interface.

I played through a Marshall DSL601 for a bit and I liked the clean sound, especially without the reverb.

Dylan really gets into his jamming! Any time you want to jam Dylan, I would be keen!

I had to leave early due to family commitments but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit deaf until early evening.

Rob :)
Greenstone Amplifiers

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Bloody great day :D I really enjoyed that - though my ears were arguing the point for a while. ;)

High point for me had to be playing Polar Bear's wonderful wonderful Burns Brian May Red Special jobby :D :shock: :D :shock: :D Being a huge Brian May nut it was cool just to look at and hold it, but then I actually started playing the thing ... :shock: The tone is absolutely amazing, and it's completely fantastic to play. Velly velly nice. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: Good times...

Post by dc »

RobRoyMcCoy wrote:Hey guys,

Dylan really gets into his jamming! Any time you want to jam Dylan, I would be keen!

Rob :)
Get in line! :D

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bobiron »

A big thank you to the organisers of the gearfest. I thoughly enjoyed the playing interaction and listening to others. I think everyone was considerate and let each put their 2 cents in if thats what they wanted to do. Of course there were times when there was too much of everything, but there was also times of space. Ther seemed to be a natural rotation of plyers which I think helped keep things interesting and less dense sound wise. Thank you to all.

Regards
Bobiron
OMM OM MM OMM MM

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Hey, that Kauri guitar was great and sorry for turning off all your pedals the hard way BG :oops:

I liked both Polar Bears guitars (and the nice lil' amp). That man has taste. Great blues licks too. Speaking of which, thanks for trading a few with me Tsuken. Mondo cool, dude.

Such great folks and considerate players the lot of you! Do we get another one in April?

Hey Dave, thanks for the loan of the Strat. Very nice Strat tone IMHO. 8)

Oh, hey Rob, great to hear ya plugged in! Damn, I gotta learn some new stuff. :wink:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I really enjoyed myself. Great to play with all you guys who are so very tallented, made me feel very self conscious.

Appologies to Cap'n Black, as I have a horrible feeling the Ac30 was not opnly pointing directly at him, but a lot louder than I thought it was.

I was told my my young lady that everyone sounded great. So that's a good sign.

Tsuken, I am glad you enjoyed the BHM, it's a great piece of kit, and I feel that one is going to the grave with me, Korean made or otherwise ;)

Dylan, thanks for drumming, and calling out the chords ;) Counting past 12 is hard for some of us...

BG, keep working on the Gary Moore faces, you're getting close, drinking a real beer might help as well :P

DC, the cabinets you made look absolutely awesome!

Darcy, the Dot is yours for a straight swap if you wish ;) ... also, I unfortunately missed you guys in Tauranga by 20 Minutes or so... I hope it went well.

The Burns that Bobiron brought along was a great looking guitar as well, as were the Ash machines, which once again looked and sounded great.

So thanks guys, that was well worth the trip :)
Last edited by Polar Bear on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Polar Bear wrote:I really enjoyed myself. Great to play with all you guys who are so very tallented, made me feel very self concious.

Appologies to Cap'n Black, as I have a horrible feeling the Ac30 was not opnly pointing directly at him, but a lot louder than I thought it was.

I was told my my young lady that everyone sounded great. So that's a good sign.
Hey man no apologies necessary. You rolled in, set up and cut loose. No words, just hit it. That was very cool. I totally enjoyed listening to your stuff.

Bobiron's rig was fantastic sounding too. A lovely combination of retro and high tech. Very cool.

Dylan was brilliant on drums. Darcy was so damn tasteful. Tsuken was faster than light and Darkness was heavier than light. :lol:

'Twas all good. I went home and had a relapse of my flu. Just getting over it now. But I really enjoyed the afternoon. Sure was the best yet.

Oh yeah, I don't think any amount of beer is going to help BG's Gary Moore face. ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:Oh yeah, I don't think any amount of beer is going to help BG's Gary Moore face. ;)
yeah I seem to have reached a plateau with it, I'll try harder next time :(