Meastro Phaser heads up

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1365 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: Meastro Phaser heads up

Post by GrantB »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... RL:US:1123

OK, they've relisted. I know of at least two people on this forum that should be all over this....the dollar being strong in all makes it all the better. Shit, if no one else will, I might just....three of them in line could be very exciting. Erotic even.

Again, this isn't one of mine...just some random eBay listing but with those special little words "International Shipping".
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1021 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Post by Slowy »

Genuine question; what's so fabulous about these?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Does the fact that I have half a dozen of them and I'm trying to establish a fanboi base for future price gouging count?

Actually, the serious answer is that they have the most amazing Leslie style sound that keeps the gain structure in place. But they can also do wacko vintage phaser sounds too...but their real gob smacker is the faux Leslie/phase/trem hybrid sound. Hard to describe but the cork sniffer in me says words like musical, inspired, touch sensitive, retains tonal integrity, responds when you dig in etc etc.

Much sound wankery to be had with these pedals.

A value add is the fact they are built from an amazing extruded alloy section...of large proportions!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Does the fact that I have half a dozen of them and I'm trying to establish a fanboi base for future price gouging count?

Actually, the serious answer is that they have the most amazing Leslie style sound that keeps the gain structure in place. But they can also do wacko vintage phaser sounds too...but their real gob smacker is the faux Leslie/phase/trem hybrid sound. Hard to describe but the cork sniffer in me says words like musical, inspired, touch sensitive, retains tonal integrity, responds when you dig in etc etc.

Much sound wankery to be had with these pedals.

A value add is the fact they are built from an amazing extruded alloy section...of large proportions!
Is there a current made pedal that comes close or would even then would the cost exceed the ebay pricing? There are 3 on ebay at the mo... I saw a minty one go by around 180 but it wasnt something I thought I would have any use for .... :(
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Well, I haven't heard any. Doesn't mean they don't exist. rocklander said he'd found a circuit that was similar but I never heard it.

The gain thing is a real important part of the picture with these. You really must come to the fest...try it then!