Samick MFN-130 BLS

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Samick MFN-130 BLS

Post by phoenixash »

OK here she is Samick MFN-130 BLS rare find was only made for 1 year 97-98 Ash body and Wilkinson trem, after a new set of strings, fret dress, a good clean and intonation and setup sounds just like I expected it would big clean and grunty cant beat a good p90 even better 3 of em. The whammy bar is just one I had lying around as it never came with one not really the right one but works ok for now I like the matt black pickguard with chrome p'90's . I do know that Samick bought out Hondo and some of the earlier samicks looked just like Hondo gats the Hondos had Bill Lawrence pups so I wouldn't be surprised that these are BL's as they sound mighty. Made in Korea.

Last edited by phoenixash on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: Samick MFN-130 BLS

Post by GrantB »

Wow, way cool!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Wow!

Love the transparent blue... and the angled P90s are way cool - plus it has a nice shaped headstock unlike most Samicks :) Very tidy bridge. Great to see companies innovating on classic designs (speaking of this... Godin Progression here I come!). Nice score!

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

I did a quick clean tone test with this gat the dirty tones are very sweet to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-M_ShRZiRU[/youtube]