1959 Les Paul - extra mojo

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

goldtop0
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: 1959 Les Paul - extra mojo

Post by goldtop0 »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
goldtop0 wrote:The Memphis Mojo burst. I played many bursts last year at the Arlington vintage show but that one wasn't one of them unfortunately :(
Sure is a great road warrior 8)
Did any stick out to you as being "it"...

There was one plain top '59 that is owned by a German mate of Tom Wittrock....... Bernd.He had the stand beside Tom's and they collectively had around 9-10 bursts on display '58-60.His one would have been my choice as it had good frets and good tone......it was instantly playable.Most of the 57 GTs and LP Standards I got my hands on needed a fret job.

You've got a great collection of gats Unique..........congrats man. Did you source them locally over many many years?
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

All gathered over time and through various means (some swaps, trades, cash mostly dammit) - I've had many many more...come and gone.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7750 times
Been liked: 4188 times

Post by jeremyb »

robnobcorncob wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:
druz15 wrote: +1 on the chip in for a knob, we could take turns using it
:shock:

I do have a 1959 knob I could lend around...for toans sake.
What colour? I'm looking for a black one...
FFS HOW DID I EVER MISS THIS!?!?!?!?! :lol:

.... and you're looking good for 53 years old Grant :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.