Fender Strat 1954 Serial # 100 - the first

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Fender Strat 1954 Serial # 100 - the first

Post by GrantB »

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Re: Fender Strat 1954 Serial # 100 - the first

Post by calling card »

Wonder if that's the same guitar in the photo, my 10yr old ri looks more vintage. Well done preserving that one.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Needs more relicing.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

If it were on the LPF everyone would be yelling "fake". Some of those expert vintage guys are fucktards.

This is quite a find.

A couple srping to mind. The old guitar teacher in NY who had an attic with a number of old Gibsons in it, including a '59.

The as-new '58 burst with amp found about 2 years ago...still had the shipping box n all. Amazing.

They are still out there. I'd love to play in that arena but the stress would probably kill me.....oh, and I'd need to add 3 zero's to my income.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

FunkUncle wrote:oh, and I'd need to add 3 zero's to my income.
Sheesh..... I need to add 4!!
Wellington

sidewinder
Squier
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by sidewinder »

slowfingers wrote:Needs more relicing.
Yeah, imagine how much it would be worth if it looked old too!

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Dohohoh
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

FunkUncle wrote: They are still out there. I'd love to play in that arena but the stress would probably kill me.....oh, and I'd need to add 3 zero's to my income.
I hear what you're saying but I wonder if you aren't already in a better place. At this level, you're not dealing with guitars; they are historical artifacts. You can't change them in any way, not even to make them play better; which you can't do anyway because you will diminish their value.

On the other hand, you take great old guitars that have fallen on hard times, restore them to health and set them to work making music which is their real purpose. I find that a far more noble and worthy activity than getting all Nigel Tuffnel over a Strat that was bought by a nonentity and then ignored for most of its life
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Thanks - and true.

Maybe a butchered '58 would do me....

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

slowfingers wrote:
FunkUncle wrote: They are still out there. I'd love to play in that arena but the stress would probably kill me.....oh, and I'd need to add 3 zero's to my income.
I hear what you're saying but I wonder if you aren't already in a better place. At this level, you're not dealing with guitars; they are historical artifacts. You can't change them in any way, not even to make them play better; which you can't do anyway because you will diminish their value.

On the other hand, you take great old guitars that have fallen on hard times, restore them to health and set them to work making music which is their real purpose. I find that a far more noble and worthy activity than getting all Nigel Tuffnel over a Strat that was bought by a nonentity and then ignored for most of its life
:thumbup:

Bit like owning a Ferrari 250GT. You'd be too scared to drive it. Nice to look at though.
Nothing to see here.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Oh yeah, now we're talking. 250GT...I have a coffee table book just on that model.

I'd still like to play this Strat tho...and compare with a modern day one.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

FunkUncle wrote: I'd still like to play this Strat tho...and compare with a modern day one.
Got no argument with that! :D