Pawnshop prize........3

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: Pawnshop prize........3

Post by WellyBlues »

kdawg2a wrote:
jvpp wrote:What town was that pawnshop?
Asheville. The shops name is Finklesteins.
Warren Haynes' (Govt Mule, Allman Brothers) home town for trivia buffs. :D
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

kdawg2a wrote:
jvpp wrote:What town was that pawnshop?
Asheville. The shops name is Finklesteins.
Would have loved to visit that town. Never got any further West than Charlotte. Salem was pretty cool though.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Asheville's pretty nice. Lots of cool record shops. One thing we noticed this visit is the States isn't the big shopping bargain it used to be. Taking the current exchange rate a lot of stuff worked out to the same price as here in nz. One fairly major exception was the craft beer. Plentiful, tastey and cheap! Found some cool pawn shops and a couple of vintage guitar shops (Heyday guitars being one of them) but the prices were pretty steep. $2500 nzd for a 60s melody maker? No thanks! I think to get the good deals you need to go to bigger cities and unfortunately for me, my in-laws are now North Carolina, Appalachian hillbillys!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.