NGD: Travis Bean TB1000S

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: NGD: Travis Bean TB1000S

Post by Single coil »

Why is reverb suddenly the exclusive price guide for everything? :problem:
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I use my "last time I saw one for sale it was" X Amount
then I check Ebay and reverb
and: Woha
holy heck
those things were like 800 bux in the 80`s.

OR
Damn, they were 4k a few years ago.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

tito
Stagg
Stagg

Post by tito »

Rad! I had a TB1000A serial #319. It needed a fair bit of fixing though so am trading it with Kevin from EGC for a new Travis Bean Designs one. Even with its problems the old one was still awesome though.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

tito wrote:Rad! I had a TB1000A serial #319. It needed a fair bit of fixing though so am trading it with Kevin from EGC for a new Travis Bean Designs one. Even with its problems the old one was still awesome though.
Bastard! That was the one on Trade Me... I had the leading bid on that before it got withdrawn. Still pissed off about that. :mad:

tito
Stagg
Stagg

Post by tito »

Darth Sabbathi wrote:
tito wrote:Rad! I had a TB1000A serial #319. It needed a fair bit of fixing though so am trading it with Kevin from EGC for a new Travis Bean Designs one. Even with its problems the old one was still awesome though.
Bastard! That was the one on Trade Me... I had the leading bid on that before it got withdrawn. Still pissed off about that. :mad:
My apologies, I couldn’t pass up viewing it and making an offer once the guy contacted me though. If it makes you feel any better the neck on it is quite bowed which is obviously a pretty big problem for an aluminium necked guitar.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

tito wrote:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:
My apologies, I couldn’t pass up viewing it and making an offer once the guy contacted me though. If it makes you feel any better the neck on it is quite bowed which is obviously a pretty big problem for an aluminium necked guitar.
Ah, it is the seller I'm pissed at. It is one thing to withdraw an auction before anyone bids on it, but to do so after the reserve is met... dirty pool. Guy must've been an idiot though. I got an email from Trade Me saying he'd told them he'd sold it to another member... so presumably still paid the fees. :wtf:

The bowed neck makes me feel slightly better. But the fact you've traded it for an EGC kind of nullifies that... :|