Octobinarium Chaotic Defuzzulator

Pedal manufacturers in here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Octobinarium Chaotic Defuzzulator

Post by Ironbird13 »

hippy01 wrote:Did anyone else think that the first little piece sounded kinda... Early Nintendo noises? Mario etc? lol

Cool housing :D
well I was playing the Tetris theme :wink: :lol: :lol:

cheers
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

hippy01
Fender
Fender

Post by hippy01 »

Ironbird13 wrote:
hippy01 wrote:Did anyone else think that the first little piece sounded kinda... Early Nintendo noises? Mario etc? lol

Cool housing :D
well I was playing the Tetris theme :wink: :lol: :lol:

cheers
Knew, i knew that from somewhere lol!!

Yusss!!
Get all Whammy'd up on it!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

it seemed to behave with a kind of gate property (prolly how the thrashold pot is utilised). more attack on the notes means it's more likely to come through and cross the threshold into ... um.. noise..
I added the home-wrecker mod of the .001uF caps on the imput/output signals to tame it a bit, but made that the toggle switch so IB can engage the extra untamedness at his leisure... and also made the freq pot 250K as they also suggested.. am told it adds a bigger freq range..
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

That soundclip is pretty mental, Ironbird. I dig! 8)

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:it seemed to behave with a kind of gate property (prolly how the thrashold pot is utilised). more attack on the notes means it's more likely to come through and cross the threshold into ... um.. noise..
yeah ive noticed that the thrash seemed to cut out like a noise gate when turned one way, when fully that way acts like a glitchy noisegate 8) letting random noise through and gating the rest
i think it'll be a pedal i have to learn how to use with its little quirks and stuff, absolutly loving it though, very unique sounding thing,
Jenesis wrote:That soundclip is pretty mental, Ironbird. I dig! 8)
cheers man, yeah its similiar to your Wolf yet completly different :wink: :lol: its also your fault that i wanted it, after hearing your Wolf i wanted something similiar :twisted:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Makes my Fuzzgod sound positively civilised
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Some Bozo wrote:Makes my Fuzzgod sound positively civilised
it makes anything sound civilised(anything thats not running through it that is :wink: ), even the Metal Muff is tame compared to the OCD :lol: :lol:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Ironbird13 wrote:[
Jenesis wrote:That soundclip is pretty mental, Ironbird. I dig! 8)
cheers man, yeah its similiar to your Wolf yet completly different :wink: :lol: its also your fault that i wanted it, after hearing your Wolf i wanted something similiar :twisted:
Yep, similar but different is right. The OCD seems to have a lot of artifacty craziness going on over/behind the notes you're playing. Very cool.

Fun with fuzz, long may it continue!

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Great job Ironbird/rocklander. You boyz got some skillz

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

bbrunskill wrote:Great job Ironbird/rocklander. You boyz got some skillz
cheers, but it was all Rocklander, I just drilled some holes in a touchlamp base

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote:
cheers, but it was all Rocklander, I just drilled some holes in a touchlamp base
:lol: and I just solder by numbers
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:
:lol: and I just solder by numbers
1, you can read the numbers, and 2, you can solder, and a nice job of of it you done too, and i like the extra detail on the PCB,nice touch, 8)
ever thought of etching the labels instead of decals? :idea:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote: ever thought of etching the labels instead of decals? :idea:
yup - but it uses a bunch o' press'n'peel and that stuff is PRICEY (esp in NZ $30/a4 sheet!!! :shock: only US$2 from pedalpartsplus)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

i was thinking the same as how you done the PCB then glue it on to the case, that press n peel sounds expensive :shock:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote:i was thinking the same as how you done the PCB then glue it on to the case, that press n peel sounds expensive :shock:
I did this one the same way I did the PCB.. not sure what you mean :?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass