Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Pedal Building Resources

Post by jeremyb »

Tried RS Components NZ? they have a LOT of useful stuff and free overnight shipping :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Snarblinge »

Yes, I'm rather more than a little familiar with my friends at Rs, they must hate it when I order 10 resistors.

I'm after a 3.5mm stereo jack with isolated internal switch, can only find one and I either order 1000 from one place or singles from digikey, sadly freight on one $2 item is still $40. Hence the post
b.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

This site is kinda cool, some good clone pedal kits available, a guy on FB just built one of their fuzz factory clones, sounds amazing!

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

Yea, had my eye on them for a while, they were one of the first to do a clay jones overdrive kit, it does look like they have "borrowed" a few designs from the run off groove site as well...

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

I built a very, very nice sounding Klon and a great Box of Rock on their PCB's, good stuff.
I would say though that the copper pads are very small so you need a light touch unless you like your board looking like a field of Hersey's Kisses
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Hey all, where do I buy a waterslide decal for the pedal?

Thanks.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Anyone got any tips for where to get waterslide decal for laser printers locally? I've got most of my build parts, but while I wait for the postman to drop my PCB's I've been pondering how to decorate the boxes outside of using a Sharpie..
parts.jpg
parts.jpg (97.37 KiB) Viewed 22728 times
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Snarblinge »

no idea locally, usually have to get that from overseas i think. but you can use leftover printable label backing sheets, and transfer toner with heat, depends on the paint on the boxes though, powder coat should work, but might be a disaster. i'd not use sharpie either, especially if you want to clearcoat, tends to bleed. I use gel pens for fine lines, or paint pens from the art shop. Molotow do a great refillable one, then you buy the inks seperate.
b.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Snarblinge »

b.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by chur »

Cheers!

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by chur »

Quick one, anyone happen to have a stash of JRC4580 / RC4580 op amps laying about? (or know of a good substitute within a dirt pedal) I thought I had two in my box of bits which is the quantity I'm after, but can't find em dang it.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Was looking for a replacement base plate for my DS-2 so I can run velcro on it and keep the original nice and fancy, I had been buying the Small Bear Electronics 125-B plates which fit and the Rockshop used to sell, but alas no more, and shipping from the US was a bit crazy, so quick google and I found these guys had genuine boss ones in stock: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ looks like they have a good supply of other boss parts like knobs, pots, etc too: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ind ... x&cPath=36

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:33 am Was looking for a replacement base plate for my DS-2 so I can run velcro on it and keep the original nice and fancy, I had been buying the Small Bear Electronics 125-B plates which fit and the Rockshop used to sell, but alas no more, and shipping from the US was a bit crazy, so quick google and I found these guys had genuine boss ones in stock: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ looks like they have a good supply of other boss parts like knobs, pots, etc too: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ind ... x&cPath=36
Have you tried just flicking the base plate around and attaching it back-to-front with the velcro stuck to the inside face?
Not sure if it works on all Boss pedals, but I've definitely seen Dan from TPS do it on YouTube.
Nothing to see here.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Miza wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:13 am
jeremyb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:33 am Was looking for a replacement base plate for my DS-2 so I can run velcro on it and keep the original nice and fancy, I had been buying the Small Bear Electronics 125-B plates which fit and the Rockshop used to sell, but alas no more, and shipping from the US was a bit crazy, so quick google and I found these guys had genuine boss ones in stock: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ looks like they have a good supply of other boss parts like knobs, pots, etc too: https://www.pedalpartsaustralia.com/ind ... x&cPath=36
Have you tried just flicking the base plate around and attaching it back-to-front with the velcro stuck to the inside face?
Not sure if it works on all Boss pedals, but I've definitely seen Dan from TPS do it on YouTube.
I've tried this in the past and found the newer pedals the PCB is almost flush with the backing plate, so theres no space to do it, I used to just rip off the rubber bottom part but thats not ideal either as I like to keep things original :lol: