Pedal manufacturers in here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

mysteriousj
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

wire, in NZ?

Post by mysteriousj »

Hey,i'm just wondering if anyone knows where you can get stranded wire here in NZ about awg=24, or anything suitable for pedals. I have been using some stuff i got from smallbear, but have run out and don't want to wait for international shipping. Any suggestions?

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: wire, in NZ?

Post by rocklander »

I use the stuff I harvest from old CRT monitors... free and works fine for signal level. lots of stuff in the VGA is shielded too.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

of course if you don't happen to have a pile of old monitors lying around the place.... Jaycar/surplustronics and the usual suspects.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7746 times
Been liked: 4188 times

Post by jeremyb »

I got a ton of speaker wire when I bought a couple of car stereos, been using that, seems really good, low noise :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nzsimon1 »

How much are you after ? Shielded or not and how many conductors

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3501 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

I bought a 25m roll from jaycar for $5 which I use in pedals... Its good stuff but a little on the thick side for tight enclosures, around the metric equivalent 20AWG. If you find a good supply locally let me know

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3501 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

mysteriousj wrote:
Cdog wrote:I bought a 25m roll from jaycar for $5 which I use in pedals... Its good stuff but a little on the thick side for tight enclosures, around the metric equivalent 20AWG. If you find a good supply locally let me know
Yeah, I used some similar stuff I got from there for my first pedals but something like smallbears awg24 stranded works a bit better.

nzsimon1 wrote:How much are you after ? Shielded or not and how many conductors
I don't want shielded, and about $20 worth. But different colours would be nice. One conductor.

Has anyone used this http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID= ... BCATID=639
I think it's awg=26? Is that a bit too fine?
Thats what I was talking about, like I said its pre-tinned and ok quality, but a little thicker than 24AWG