alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: my first pedal build - fuzz face

Post by alanp »

The fact it's a fuzz makes the vivid marking appropriate... always wanted to look into pcb etching, just never seem to get around to it.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: my first pedal build - fuzz face

Post by Bg »

Some Bozo wrote:Transistor holder mk II... this is butchered from a six pin min DIN socket from Jaycar http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0377& It holds the legs firmly enough to be permanent, but I can easily swap in any other transistors I want to try in the future.
fuzz trans test 2.jpg
Duct taped everything inside that could possibly short, and it's all done! I might think about painting it, but probably won't due to total lack of talent in art and design. I'm glad I put the bias knob on instead having an internal trimpot, it makes a great variety of useful sounds. All the way up and it's quite smooth, almost like a distortion pedal, drop it back a little and it gets more textured and goes into the "fuzz as we know it" sweet spot, further back and it turns into messy "electrical breakdown" sounds. Very interactive with the fuzz knob, back the fuzz off and a glitchy fritzing chaos turns into a nice warm mid-gain.
fuzz finished.jpg
Awesome, I think too many people get hung up on the details, like the PCB, I've done many an industrial PCB with a sharpie, still working now 20 years later :eek: As long as it does the job :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.