Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Orange squeeze STYLE booster?

Post by Single coil »

I'm trying to keep stuff off my board, cuz I know I'll want to fill it.

Conclusion : Clean boost pedal.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

ASAR
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ASAR »

I think I'm able to give a booster that boost enough both clean and distorted sounds, and after years of experience I am convinced that, even using transistors (as is normal in a booster), the 9V battery would not be high enough. So I will build boosters only in stomp boxes.
I recommend to you to build your booster in a stomp box :thumbup: , where to stay also the 9V battery. This is particularly important if you can not make good welds :roll: ... do not put your hands in your Telecaster :wtf:!
Bye :D

wilsa
Stagg
Stagg

Post by wilsa »

You could always do as Brian May does with his treble boost and have it attached to your guitar strap. I'm looking at doing a similar thing, built a small circuit for a boost pedal a couple weeks ago as practice (Was a kit from Build Your Own Clone). Now that I have built it I need to find use and like you, I have a tele that could do with a bit of a volume boost. Am undecided on putting it indside or trying to put it into a small box and attach it (with tape?) onto my guitar strap.

ASAR
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ASAR »

If I can, I suggest you put it into a small box and attach it onto your guitar strap, like a wireless system :thumbup: . So you'll have greater freedom of management circuitry and battery. Furthermore, for the preamplifiers, it is important to proper shielding circuitry from electromagnetic fields ... Fender guitars do not seem to be good shielded :roll: ...
what type of enclosure (small box) would like to use?

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

I've well and truly filled up the board, so I'm not sure I'll be able to fit even a really small clean boost on the board.
I do have plans for the tele though, thinking mini HB in neck and a gruntier bridge pickup to spice up the package.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7748 times
Been liked: 4189 times

Post by jeremyb »

ASAR wrote:This is particularly important if you can not make good welds :roll: ... do not put your hands in your Telecaster :wtf:!
Bye :D
Very good advice!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Seeing as I can't weld at all, I'm steering well clear of putting my hands in my telecaster.