Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Re: 18v Power Supply

Post by jeremyb »

Talk to Ryan about the 18V supplies, they're tiny ones, made locally by some transformer outfit, hide a power board under your pedal board, done!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

ASAR
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ASAR »

You could build up a power supply around a LM317T integrated circuit. Providing 18V may deliver a maximum current of 800 mA (...15W max handling power), if properly cooled. Furthermore would get a very low ripple and this is very important for your pedals.

ASAR
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ASAR »

slowfingers wrote:I have 3 Catalinbread pedals. All of them sound way better with 18 volts.
Of course! Sound way better with 18V. But are you sure your pedals can run long at that voltage? Have you checked them at least to make sure that the inside electrolytic capacitors can withstand at least 25V? :roll:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

ASAR wrote:
slowfingers wrote:I have 3 Catalinbread pedals. All of them sound way better with 18 volts.
Of course! Sound way better with 18V. But are you sure your pedals can run long at that voltage? Have you checked them at least to make sure that the inside electrolytic capacitors can withstand at least 25V? :roll:
With the catalinbread stuff they say its safe to use 18V, the dirty little secret I had sounded WAY better with 18V!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.