cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Weird problem with an RC-20xl

Post by cholera »

I have a strange issue with this loop station, I was playing it 2 days ago with no problems whatsoever, then the next day-issues. I should state from the start it has only sat on my pedal board the last couple of days so it hasn't been smashed at a gig or whatever
Anyway, first issue was a loud buzzing but no gat signal, and it was affected by touching the lead going into the amp ( so out of the pedal output). I figured dodgy lead, but before I swapped leads I tried going straight from guitar to amp, and that worked fine. Tried another lead just to be sure but same thing- loud buzzing which increased when messing with the cable but still no guitar signal.
The thing I noticed tonight tho is that the tempo/drums feature on the pedal is still working and coming through the amp fine, but still no actual guitar signal/ I was thinking maybe the output jack on the pedal was a bit dodgy but if this was the case, I wouldn't be geting the drums through it, and they sound fine, no buzzing or anything at all. Anyone have a clue what is up with this? I'm assuming different parts of the pedal are dedicated to drums vs actual guitar signal.....but which parts> I haven't pulled it apart because that never works out very well for me.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Weird problem with an RC-20xl

Post by Snarblinge »

I would imagine if your leads are ok, it will be one of the jacks, pedals have rather average diddly little wires inside and minimal solder. Take it to someone with a soldering iron, and crack it open. Failing that get it to one of the music stores that services it. A loop station is expensive right? Worth fixing rather than replacing.
b.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Weird problem with an RC-20xl

Post by cholera »

Embarrasingly, the pedal is now fine. :oops: And I swear I didn't change the leads. All I can assume is that it was a jack on the amp, but then again the drums were coming through when there was still no signal. Went back after making a cup of tea and everything is all good. No doubt it will work perfectly until we open for an international band in early March, then it will fuck out when we're about to play.

Thanks anyway Snarblinge!