Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7746 times
Been liked: 4188 times

The mega switcher

Post by jeremyb »

While the forum was down I managed to start work on my mega switcher for the AC15, I had a fair bit of pedalboard space taken up with an A/B switch and the footswitch for the amps reverb / trem, and GAS requires fitting another couple of pedals on, while still sticking with the PT JR. I really like the portability of it, and hated lugging around my old PT2!

The design I came up with was to have top mounted jacks for the two amp channels and DC input, guitar signal input on the RHS and footswitch out on the LHS, three footswitches on the front of the pedal, and 4 leds, 2 for the channel switching, and 1 each for the reverb and trem.

I managed to fit it all comfortably in a 1590N1 (wanted the extra height for the jacks I used) and once its back from powdercoating I'll post up some pics, should be awesome once its done and free up much needed space as I've got a couple more pedals to go on there!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: The mega switcher

Post by Kev77 »

Where do you get your powder coating done? Cost much?
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Kev77 wrote:Where do you get your powder coating done? Cost much?
I'm going to use powdertech here in chch, not sure of cost yet, if it's too much I'm going to paint it, just so cold at the moment to spray anything!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Powder coating guy reckons he'll do it for about $20, says they usually have a $40 minimum but because its so small... stoked!

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

for $20 I got a mini toaster oven and enough spray paint to do about 10 pedals. I guess powder coating is better and more durable, but still I'd rather do a batch then spend $20 on one pedal
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

druz15 wrote:for $20 I got a mini toaster oven and enough spray paint to do about 10 pedals. I guess powder coating is better and more durable, but still I'd rather do a batch then spend $20 on one pedal
For sure, if it was warm enough to paint it I would, but its been pissing down with rain on and off and despite it being 16 at the weekend it was blowing a gale and I had other things to go do :( most days have been lucky to get over 10 degrees, not really warm enough to spray stuff :(

Would cost me $20 for a can of etch primer and a cheap can of colour from supercheap so this is a win-win for a one off :)

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

jeremyb wrote:
druz15 wrote:for $20 I got a mini toaster oven and enough spray paint to do about 10 pedals. I guess powder coating is better and more durable, but still I'd rather do a batch then spend $20 on one pedal
For sure, if it was warm enough to paint it I would, but its been pissing down with rain on and off and despite it being 16 at the weekend it was blowing a gale and I had other things to go do :( most days have been lucky to get over 10 degrees, not really warm enough to spray stuff :(

Would cost me $20 for a can of etch primer and a cheap can of colour from supercheap so this is a win-win for a one off :)
Yeah fair enough, don't want to do that shit in the wind
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

druz15 wrote: Yeah fair enough, don't want to do that shit in the wind
Was tempted to google image search "shit in the wind" to add a hilarious gif, but even I have my limits :lol: