alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: This should sound... weird

Post by alanp »

So I was workin on a modular delay based on the PT2395 chip, which needs 256kB external RAM.

So far, she dun' do' sheet.

The VCA in the feedback path works nicely though, THAT2181 based!
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Mmm. This is one of those really boring sounding modules that add a lot to a patch. Yusynth Gated Slew. Everything I've built by Yves Usson is utterly amazing.

The panel is a 3mm mirrored plastic that Rullywow found. Beautiful! It looks a lot nicer in real life, mirrored stuff is annoying to photograph.

Only part I'm annoyed with is the pot. I'm tempted to do a v0.2 layout with a 16mm pot (but the same pot/jack/switch layout, so I can keep that beautiful panel with the new layout!)

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by hellblazer »

Now I've started pitting together a rack and learning my way, I'm jealous of your builds and skill, ha!
I might have a go at one of the Synthrotek kits, with the dollar nosediving I definitely picked the wrong time to get into another GAS pit.

I saw this post from another kiwi over on muffwiggler though, pretty cool news:
wellurban wrote: A guy from the local Rock Shop is planning to get the Mother 32 in, and they have Aira, and now he's asking on the local FB modular page for recommendations of other Euro manufacturers to stock. He's already talking to Pittsburgh, other people are suggesting Mutable, and I'm about to suggest Intellijel, MN and WMF/SSD as manufacturers with good comprehensive ranges and good prices (Doepfer might be a little TOO comprehensive!). So if that works, that's a whole new market for established little Euro manufacturers, directly riding on the big companies.
Although since you build all your own stuff, probably less exciting for you, Alan.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Forum mad scientist position has been well and truly filled by you Alan :lol: love your work man!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Finally finished the case, completely. Just need to fill it up with modules, now :)

It's been in Dad's shed for a few weeks, now -- I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to just play with it, and see where the patch takes me. I had a drum beat from the Braids running through a reverb, constantly, and a mid-low rhythm sound, nice growl to it, and was playing around with other things on top.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Would anyone be interested in a spare filter bank and Minimoog VCF I have? There's also a sequencer, but it needs an external clock and the controls are claustrophobic.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Thomas Henry's VC Quadrature Function Generator. I'm quite happy with how this turned out, looks the business :D

For those who are curious as to the construction...

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

Fuck mate you are nuts on this stuff...very nice though, I love it.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

How on earth do you manage to solder that all together!

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

alanp wrote:Would anyone be interested in a spare filter bank and Minimoog VCF I have? There's also a sequencer, but it needs an external clock and the controls are claustrophobic.
I might be. What state are they in?

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

bender wrote:
alanp wrote:Would anyone be interested in a spare filter bank and Minimoog VCF I have? There's also a sequencer, but it needs an external clock and the controls are claustrophobic.
I might be. What state are they in?
I would be interested too, but I need to finish a load of other projects first.....note to self "do not start other projects before you have finished to other projects" :D
OMM OM MM OMM MM

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Just ordered parts for Jurgen Haible's Living VCO's (Random*Source now has the licence, and is reissuing them.)

I can't believe I just spent $13 an IC for three chips, and $5 a switch for four of the munters. I need my bloody head examined.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Hugely pleasant surprise that Dylan knew what my toolchest of sonic bizarre is :)

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

Was awesome to see my first modern modular synth. It sure had a sound that the plugins dont get.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil: