OD Pedal Dilemma

Pedal manufacturers in here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

How many OD pedals can I put on my board before I look ridiculous?

One
25%
Three
25%
Five
No votes
There is no limit
33%
Forget it. You already look ridiculous
17%

Total votes: 24

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Re: OD Pedal Dilemma

Post by Slowy »

Have any of you Timmy owners noticed what a fine Fuzz it can be?
Dime the bass and gain, volume around 75%, back off the treble to half, selector switch to middle. Neck pup with tone rolled down. Play around the 12th fret.
Tweak all settings to taste.
Delicious!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

Dedicated OD pedalboard gets my vote.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

Right: 4 hour woodshedding session last night. Put all the OD's on to a separate board and had at them with a Strat, Tele, Ibanez Artist and a bottle of very cheap but surprisingly adequate Chilean shiraz.

So the result of 4 hours of noodling and 3 pages of Internets?
The board remains the same.....

Wampler Ego Compressor into a Timmy, Les Lius and DLS can make an incredible range of tones from sparkling cleans to ZZ Top. There's no Brootz but I never go there. Anything my other pedals produced could be emulated by one or a combination of these four.
It was a worthwhile exercise and I'm going to spend some more time tweaking just to see if there's anything else hidden in there, though infinite fat sustain from a Tele might be a hard act to follow.

Standout moment: The Lollars in the Korinacaster. Attack the strings with bare fingers and those Pups start telling stories. 8)

Honourable mention: The humble Boss SD-1. For a straight up classic Rock gig, I'd need nothing else.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

slowfingers wrote:
Honourable mention: The humble Boss SD-1. For a straight up classic Rock gig, I'd need nothing else.
Yep. I've had 2 x MIJ and 1 x MIT

Have to say the MIT one (maybe it was just a really good one, but it had a touch more clarity than the MIJ, and they're so cheap!!!