Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Switchable Preset Expression Pedal Dowhacky

Post by jeremyb »

So... now I don't have the AC15 any more my custom built A/B switch has two spare holes where the trem and reverb switches went...

I've started using the shimmer on my Stereo Wet v1 for parts of a new song and thought it would be nice to be able to switch this on and off, as currently it's set by one of the knobs, from none (which I use for my normal reverb sound) upto various amounts of shimmer, and it's a hassle to bend down and tweak knobs during bits of a song!

I had an idea to make a switchable expression pedal, basically a switch with a pot which you can preset to whatever value and then use that to turn the shimmer on and off. So no need for a bulky expression pedal and I'll only ever use it in one position anyway...

Was looking across the net for someone whose done something similar and Mr Neunaber himself has provided a schematic:

I will do this but without the LED and use another set of poles on the footswitch to change two existing LED's which were for the reverb and trem on and off depending on what mode it's in so I can easily see if it's on or off :)

Going to work on this over the weekend, so will post up progress :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: Switchable Preset Expression Pedal Dowhacky

Post by sirvill »

Sounds awesome and tricky - god speed sir!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Switchable Preset Expression Pedal Dowhacky

Post by jeremyb »

Chur! Should be pretty straightforward, but will be super cool, a $5 fix instead of having to buy a v2 pedal and the EXP controller!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.