Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

mysteryroach
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

need help identifying 2 plugs

Post by mysteryroach »

So I bought a pedal a while ago on its first run, and on the 2nd run the pedalmaker introduced an expression pedal input. I asked him how I'd go about modding one in, and he said he'd send me a new PCB + jack instead, which was extremely nice of him.

It occurred to me that fitting the extra PCB (i.e. the one I'm replacing with the new one) to a new board could make for a nice beginner DIY project. Wouldn't have to jump straight to soldering a board of my own, and I'd learn some other stuff (e.g. wiring, etching+drilling an enclosure etc) before doing so.

I just need some help identifying a couple of plugs. They're the ones with the arrow pointing to them in the top picture:

I'd ask the pedalmaker - but I don't want him to think I'm taking advantage of his kindness by selling it or something. I'll either keep it, and run them stereo. Or give it to a friend as a gift.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: need help identifying 2 plugs

Post by Snarblinge »

Dammit I wrote a rather ott reply, with links, went to get another link for you and my iPad ate all of the words.

I call them molex connectors, search for them on Rs components. Phoenix also make them, among others, measure well.

If you are in Auckland visit hiq electronics, in Albany, they should have them. They import Hammond enclosures too.

Or you could buy some of these http://www.mindkits.co.nz/store/p/9294- ... 300mm.aspx clip them to length, you might get two out of each.

Or if I were you, invest in a solder sucker and desolder the plug.

Given the dude was so nice, you ought to plug his stuff too. I'd like to know what it is.
b.

mysteryroach
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mysteryroach »

Thanks for the info.

Why desolder the plug? Don't get what purpose that would serve. There's connectors for the plugs on the PCB.

Might get that jumper wire as it seems like the easiest option. Won't be a while till I do this though. I've got a pedalboard to build.
Given the dude was so nice, you ought to plug his stuff too. I'd like to know what it is.
The guy is Scott Monk from Montreal Assembly. Definitely recommend buying from him, as his customer service thus far has been exemplary, and his pedals are great. You might already know MA for their "Count to Five" pedal:

The pedal in question is a different one: a "Your and You're" - a synthy gated fuzz based off John Hollis's crash-sync circuit.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Snarblinge »

Sorry may have swapped plug for socket, I was trying to suggest you des older the socket from the board. And replace with leads. The jumpers are less intrusive. Good luck.
b.