codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Re: DIY Reverb! Now with added Tremolo

Post by codedog »

bender wrote:Oh, and the choice of reverb tank has a MASSIVE effect on the tone. Far more than I had expected. Point is- if it doesn't sound good off the bat, try a different tank. This has become my #1 reverb over my Fender '63 Reverb Reissue.
That's a huge ups for the unit, and I assume it's more than just the weight-savings pushing it to the top? I'm not expecting to have to replace the tank, not going down that rabbit hole!

Having said that, did you replace yours?

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

I have a bunch of different reverb tanks spare if anyone wants them, send me a pm

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

codedog wrote:
bender wrote:Oh, and the choice of reverb tank has a MASSIVE effect on the tone. Far more than I had expected. Point is- if it doesn't sound good off the bat, try a different tank. This has become my #1 reverb over my Fender '63 Reverb Reissue.
That's a huge ups for the unit, and I assume it's more than just the weight-savings pushing it to the top? I'm not expecting to have to replace the tank, not going down that rabbit hole!

Having said that, did you replace yours?
It’s not the weight at all- the fender isn’t heavy. It sounds great, and the convenience of the tremolo in the same unit is pretty great.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Oh, and I have a Belton Accutronics tank in there now- nice and drippy

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

bender wrote:It’s not the weight at all- the fender isn’t heavy. It sounds great, and the convenience of the tremolo in the same unit is pretty great.
That's good to hear. Did you put the tremolo after the reverb? IIRC that's the order in Fender amps, isn't it?

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

codedog wrote:
bender wrote:It’s not the weight at all- the fender isn’t heavy. It sounds great, and the convenience of the tremolo in the same unit is pretty great.
That's good to hear. Did you put the tremolo after the reverb? IIRC that's the order in Fender amps, isn't it?
I went for tremolo after reverb to replicate the order of a stand-alone reverb unit into amp trem.