clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Re: Digitech Hardwire RV-7 has a weird knob

Post by clubhouse »

Starfire wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:10 pm Bit weird. But really why would you want to move it off the reverse reverb setting? 😅
Yeah, I know, man...I bought it for the reverse. Had to hear it for myself...a bit skeptical, was I. It's a killa...instantly woozy, slurry and blurry...add a little wang bar action and it's MBV flashbacks. Kills Polara. Kills Cathedral.

The 'gated', 'room' and 'plate' are other standouts. Lexicon algos are something special. The others are really good and useful in their own right...but I prefer Strymon Blue Sky 'spring' (a little more clanky edged drip) or the myriad mech spring types I have otherwise.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

hamo wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:53 am
FuzzMonkey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:14 am
hamo wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:41 pm Actually, this thread has kicked off a memory of something similar happening with the first Hardwire DL-8 delay I had. I wonder if this is a problem common to these pedals?
What was the issue with your DL-8?
It's a while back so I don't remember exactly, but I think it was the mode select knob not lining up correctly with the delay mode that was active.
Interesting...

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Delayman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:04 am You could think outside the box and rewire your brain instead. Convince yourself that a plate reverb actually sounds like a reverse and so on.
This method would be effective as long as you never plan on using a different reverb ever. Let me know if you want any more practical tips.
Dude...been there, done...what was it again...something...oh yeah...been there, done that...the brain thing. Spent a fair few years brain tinkering. Problem is I've forgotten where I left the reset so the ol' bean box has had reality cognition altered so many times away from the baseline datum that I have to rely on other people's reality to instruct me on what's going on.

The helpful cats at DigiTech provided nice text labels on the RV-7 to help me out here...it was weird enough selecting a smooth, gentle 'plate' reverb to then hear nothing, which slowly swelled into a wave of mind melting sludge...had an instant flashback of one brain rewiring session that involved Amanita muscaria...unless you're a Viking Beserker, not recommended :sick:

But yeah, thanks for your interest...and the tip. If you know where I left the reset, please let me know :thumbup: