Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: show us your home made pedals

Post by ash »

ralley wrote:
ash wrote:
ralley wrote: intially built it with an LPB in front removed that and added a clean blend instead.
Can you link us up with schematics for these mods?
No schematic for the mods per say. LPB was just a bog standard LPB (http://aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/ ... 2.GIF.html) added before the BMP, clean blend is a Buff'n'Blend (http://www.diystompboxes.com/wiki/index ... ff_N_Blend) with the BMP permanently wired in as the effect.

Rob.
Thanks! I think that's just what I'm after.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

ralley
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ralley »

Just finished this one, a clone of a Voodoo labs Sparkledrive (basically a tube screamer with a blendable clean boost). I had wanted to use cream knobs for a classier look but the ones I've got are too big. ANyways here it is:

Rob.
Send lawyers guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan.
- Warren Zevon

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7775 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

ralley wrote:Just finished this one, a clone of a Voodoo labs Sparkledrive (basically a tube screamer with a blendable clean boost). I had wanted to use cream knobs for a classier look but the ones I've got are too big. ANyways here it is:

Rob.
OMG I love that finish!!! It would be rude to copy it for my 808 wouldnt it :oops:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

ralley
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ralley »

jeremyb wrote:OMG I love that finish!!! It would be rude to copy it for my 808 wouldnt it :oops:
Completely. That's why I'm not telling you how I did it... :wink:
Send lawyers guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan.
- Warren Zevon

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

ralley wrote:
jeremyb wrote:OMG I love that finish!!! It would be rude to copy it for my 808 wouldnt it :oops:
:lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Braden-M-50 wrote:
rocklander wrote:and the zendrive... man, what a killer pedal.. only tried it on my ruby so far, but everything from mild OD to crazy near mesa distortion, and the tone is very nice... I could see one of these kicking my bsiab2 off the board... :?

EPIC!
Bro is this my one?
That's looking sick, you're right the matte black looks really good. Got pics for the tubescreamer?
That looks sick!! 8)

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

jeremyb wrote:
ralley wrote:
:lol:
let the glitter wars begin,..,
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

ash wrote:
rocklander wrote:and the zendrive... man, what a killer pedal.. only tried it on my ruby so far, but everything from mild OD to crazy near mesa distortion, and the tone is very nice...
That sounds like my kind of pedal. I might just add it to the long list.
update... whacked the zendrive through the jansen last night and it wasn't as saturated at all as my test amp. could be an amp sensitive pedal? still a reeeally nice OD with a good range of voices, just not as high gain as I first thought on my ruby.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Braden-M-50
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Braden-M-50 »

rocklander wrote:
ash wrote:
rocklander wrote:and the zendrive... man, what a killer pedal.. only tried it on my ruby so far, but everything from mild OD to crazy near mesa distortion, and the tone is very nice...
That sounds like my kind of pedal. I might just add it to the long list.
update... whacked the zendrive through the jansen last night and it wasn't as saturated at all as my test amp. could be an am sensitive pedal? still a reeeally nice OD with a good range of voices, just not as high gain as I first thought on my ruby.
Being high gain surprised me as it is a low gain OD. Its brother the mosferatu (?? Is that how you spell it) Is a high gain version of the Zendrive. There isn't much difference between the Zendrive and Mosferatu so it would be an easy mod to get the Zendrive doing high gain.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/HermidaAud ... id=2384685
Fender Strat w/ 57/62s ---> Ceriatone Princeton w/ Jensen P10R

Well Designed, Well Made tube amp + As little controls as possible = Best Possible tone

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

niiiiice 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

looks very cool!... what kinda chorus? gutshots too?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

nandofx wrote:another pedal...

Chorus :D
what kind of box is that?
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3522 times
Been liked: 723 times

Post by Cdog »

Today I completed my first pedal build... a Zvex SHO clone... and it sounds great! :D
sho.JPG
Had a few hiccups along the way but managed to get it all together and learn a few lessons for next time :roll: