Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: show us your home made pedals

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:
rocklander wrote:anything in particular you want/need?
a pedal with that "instant guitar god" switch :wink:
dood, I told you I'm no good with labels... :lol:
dont care what it looks like, as long as it works... :lol:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

ralley wrote:Aha, also gonna try a Blacktoast, I'm addicted to boosters - love my Sparkleboost, still got a SHO to box up and a Rangemaster and Brian May treble boost waiting to be bread boarded. My problem is I build these things intending to compare them without boxing them up and either like them so much or just can't be bothered comparing so I box them up any way. Thank god I got a job today - need to pay for all the pedals on my build list (about thirty!)
Do you have a copy or a link to the Schem. of the SHO clone ?

ralley
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ralley »

Here you go Rob: http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/193/schem ... ex_SHO.gif. I built one on vero and it sounds great, gotta box it up.

Rob.
Send lawyers guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan.
- Warren Zevon

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I have a sound like God pedal, it'll be at the gearfest

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

ralley wrote:Here you go Rob: http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/193/schem ... ex_SHO.gif. I built one on vero and it sounds great, gotta box it up.

Rob.
Hey thanks for that! What's Vero ? is that like breadboard for test building circuits?

Also, do you have a layout for the SHO?
Last edited by robnobcorncob on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Kev77 wrote:I have a sound like God pedal, it'll be at the gearfest
unfortunately i wont be though, cant afford travel after latest GAS expenditure :wink:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

rocklander wrote:
Jenesis wrote:Good jaaaaaaaaaaaab!

Graphics are a bit busy for my taste, but still a nice bit of kit. So when do you start taking customer orders? :wink:
yeah, I had a MUCH better graphic printed on the same A4 but was foolish enough to change the text to blue.. and on the green (already painted) box it was just a lil too wrongburger.

Not such a fan of the sticker cos for me it seems no matter how much clearcoat I put on it always either lifts and/or leaves a nasty edge.

orders? happy to make a pedal for anyone that sends me the parts. not my designs so it's not only against the license agreement to make and sell them, but I'd also feel like a total toad doing it (I never designed it... just assembled it).

anything in particular you want/need?
How hard was the SG-1 to piece together Rocklander? Did you buy the parts locally and the circuit board from GGG ?

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

I etched the PCB myself. the parts came mostly from futurlec.com.au and effectsconection.com. the pots were from DSE (which is why I ended up with a 24mm one :lol: ).
it's not what I'd call a good first project cos it's more complex than say a simple OD or distortion... but it pretty much worked first time. the instructions weren't great for setting the trim pots so I just did it by ear.. the setting at this stage is set that on minimum attack I really have to pound the strings to make it come through but it was best I could manage (or give a crap about.. I really only wanted it for one song - I want to break free beginning) but about half way it's precisely what I was looking for so it's cool for me.

most of the projects are pretty straight forward to put together. only ones I've yet to troubleshoot to life yet are the phaseur fleur and the FSH1 (which is a bummer cos they're PRIMO sounding pedals on the demos).

just tonight finished the bajaman black toast. It's a buffer and booster in one pedal - the buffer is individually switched by design cos that's what his customer wanted.
the buffer.. well.. :oops: I dunno what they're supposed to do to be honest.. but it's there and it gets the signal through so I guess it's right? but the booster - oh man.. it's sweet. zero noise, and although at full it's not totally transparent volume boost (breaks up a lil) it just sounds SO nice. I really like it. my fav pedal so far! 8) :D
just can't express how nice it sounds, and that's using the ugly $5 DSE noise maker power supply :shock:

Last edited by rocklander on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

robnobcorncob wrote:
ralley wrote:Here you go Rob: http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/193/schem ... ex_SHO.gif. I built one on vero and it sounds great, gotta box it up.

Rob.
Hey thanks for that! What's Vero ? is that like breadboard for test building circuits?

AKA strip board
http://www.futurlec.com.au/ProtoBoards.jsp
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

rocklander wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:

Rob.

AKA strip board
http://www.futurlec.com.au/ProtoBoards.jsp
Awesome thanks Rocklander ! Looks like I'll be adding an SHO to my arsenal soon 8)

Argh that bank up up/down/bypass MIDI footswitch looks like fun. Google results = Zilch thus far :roll:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

robnobcorncob wrote:
Argh that bank up up/down/bypass MIDI footswitch looks like fun. Google results = Zilch thus far :roll:
say what now? what are you looking for?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

This little beast that Ralley built:
ralley wrote: Also built a bypass/bank up/bank down switch box for my Quadraverb and Boss FC-50 foot controller. Don't use it any more since I replaced the Boss with a Behringer FCB1010 controller. Box was just a couple of DPDT momentary switches, used an old PS-2 mouse for the cabling:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

LOVING the use of the ps2 mouse for cabling... reduce/reuse/recycle.. nice 8)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:LOVING the use of the ps2 mouse for cabling... reduce/reuse/recycle.. nice 8)
so what cabling is best and what cabling not to use??

ralley
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ralley »

robnobcorncob wrote:Hey thanks for that! What's Vero ? is that like breadboard for test building circuits?

Vero (also called stripboard) is a form of simplified, pre-done circuit board. Arghh, too hard to explain, check the vero layout here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/i ... c=61290.20 about half way down the page. BTW I didn't have a BS170 MOSFET so I used at 2n7000, still sounds great (after I used a working transistor!).

Cheers, Rob.
Send lawyers guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan.
- Warren Zevon