BG's Weekend workshop - amps and cabs

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: BG's Weekend workshop - amps and cabs

Post by Bg »

good link Rog, exactly how I do it. Though I don't make my own piping, lifes too short for that... I do use electrical wire for beading and got some great speaker wire that looks mint, not quite Marshall gold but definitely looks the part.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

"There ain't half been some clever bastards".

Any plans for a 8x10 bass stack?
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I've never done an 8x10 before, but a few years ago I did make a 2x15 ported bass cab out of MDF, jesus that was heavy. Lovely ratfur covering too ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

BG wrote:I've never done an 8x10 before, but a few years ago I did make a 2x15 ported bass cab out of MDF, jesus that was heavy. Lovely ratfur covering too ;)
Nice :roll:

:wink:
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I knew no better at the time, though it did sound great, just looked like shit :lol:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

This is an inspiring thread. I will be taking photos of my progress... as soon as I get started! :roll:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

voodoochild
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times

Post by voodoochild »

Shit yeah that cab looks niiice! Did you get a chance to take pictures in better light?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

voodoochild wrote:Shit yeah that cab looks niiice! Did you get a chance to take pictures in better light?
Nah I was too busy playing it. Will do at the weekend though, weather permitting ;)