NAKD

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

handlefras
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

NAKD

Post by handlefras »

New amp kit day!

Got this kit on the weekend, all the way from Trinity amps in Canada. Info and build updates to follow.

Too many guitars, not enough talent.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: NAKD

Post by Bg »

cool, those trinity kits are great value, good rep too :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

BG, was your kit a Fender clone? Sorry, can't remember what amp it was, but was wondering whether you installed a master volume in it? Cheers

And sorry handlfras - looks cool! Keep us posted.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Nah the only kit I've done was the Weber 36 Watter, no master vol. I've done 3 fender tweed scratchbuilds now, nothing with a MV though.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

handlefras
Gibson
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by handlefras »

Quick specs:

Two tube, singled ended, Fender Champ-ish circuit
Rotary switch allows output tube-swapping - 6v6 or 6l6 or EL34
Heyboer Trannies
Volume, Bass, Treble, Master and Level control (VRM)
The bass pot is push/pull - thin/fat
The volume pot is push/pull - tweed/'tude (marshall-inspired higher gain mode)

Should give a wide range of tones, all in a small head cab for not much more than $600. I'm stoked.
Too many guitars, not enough talent.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

BG wrote:Nah the only kit I've done was the Weber 36 Watter, no master vol. I've done 3 fender tweed scratchbuilds now, nothing with a MV though.
Ah, thanks...I knew you'd done some Fender style kits. I know the tweed thing usually breaks up early but have you considered a VVR or something? I'm grabbing one for the sooty/braden Prinzetone and wondered if you wanted one added to your order. I just find the Fender stuff to loud to get the break up I want. Even my single end Champ is too loud (admittedly the speakers aren't helping things).
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Nah the vibrolux is fine as it is, I tend to run it clean and push it a bit with od pedal if needed besides it has a single 10 alnico and I like a bit of volume. I've run it as a dual amp with a small boogie before for the dirt, that worked out well and I've another boogie in the post ;)

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

yeah. obviously I meant "add it to my order"...but you sound sorted. That 10" will cut the volume back a bit. Looking forward to getting to two P10R's from the Prinzetone.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
BG wrote:Nah the only kit I've done was the Weber 36 Watter, no master vol. I've done 3 fender tweed scratchbuilds now, nothing with a MV though.
Ah, thanks...I knew you'd done some Fender style kits. I know the tweed thing usually breaks up early but have you considered a VVR or something? I'm grabbing one for the sooty/braden Prinzetone and wondered if you wanted one added to your order. I just find the Fender stuff to loud to get the break up I want. Even my single end Champ is too loud (admittedly the speakers aren't helping things).
I'm kinda interested in one for my Vibrolux (the green one) but I doubt it'll fit in the chassis. How much space would I need?

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

benderissimo wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:
I'm kinda interested in one for my Vibrolux (the green one) but I doubt it'll fit in the chassis. How much space would I need?
It's already pretty packed in there - those Tweed-style chassis aren't great for extra space ... could look at moving the main and screen filter to the other side of the chassis I guess. Would you want the pot on the control panel?
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

That'll be a nice amp, I predict. Onya.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

CustomAudioBoutique wrote: It's already pretty packed in there - those Tweed-style chassis aren't great for extra space ... could look at moving the main and screen filter to the other side of the chassis I guess. Would you want the pot on the control panel?
Sounds like it should go in the too hard basket I reckon. It ain't broke really.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah thats about the size of it. Next build I'll make my chassis bigger and think about it. meh, no I won't, I'll just crank the beejesus out of it and fit a ppmv if I need it.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

A little steel L shaped bracket on the rear of a head, set back from the rear panel, shouldn't be too hard to sort, assuming I can make it safe (a few volts through that circuit :shock: )...the Ceriatone chassis are tight also.

So what are the specs of this Trinity build [please?

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

noice Fraser
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks