A new quest: Find an amp that suits the Goodmans Power Range Audiomax 12AX

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: A new quest: Find an amp that suits the Goodmans Power Range Audiomax 12AX

Post by Jay »

Frey wrote:So yeah, I am in the possession of this amazing speaker. It was freshly reconed before i brought it and it has screamed like an eagle in my peavey triumph 60. It has an alnico magnet and 100w power handling. With it's aluminium dust cap, it has an almost searing brightness and clarity to it that really shines with a lush reverb. Basically my quest is to rehome it in a suitable amp now that the peavey has shat itself. I was going to sell it but I can't bring myself to. It's just too special and people hardly ever sell them anymore. I want some big cleans, big reverb and a bit of mid to low gain dirt for the rockist side of things.

Will be playing through it mainly a Japanese jazzmaster with ye old mastery bridge and SD Antiquity II's,
and my Dearmond M75T with TV Jones T-armond

Cheers guys, any help is appreciated
You probably have read all this... but anyways...
http://www.ajaudio.co.uk/Loudspeakers%2 ... 20fame.htm
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

There's a bid Super Reverb on TM I think?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Back in the dark ages when I was a teen ( late 60's ) Goodmans were considered THE (uk) speakers to own. Fane were the second place follow up and Celestion ranked a mere third...I had an 18" in a Selmer Goliath bass cab which was particularly fine for aiding with digestive functions.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson