Work in progress...

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Work in progress...

Post by higainer »

Looks cool.
Is it an SLO type build?

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

Yes, SLO with 60W power amp, depth control, relay switching to avoid the channel bleed, an instrument level loop and a bunch of selectable mods on those switches

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

Excellent .
Takes care of the loop “issue” along with some options.
Well done :thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

So I've been a bit slack in updating this....
Not much to say other than there is a fender 6g15 reverb cab, sitting here, tweedy :)
And another Tweed deluxe 95% there - was going to be routing the baffle but hail and rain stopped play. I need to make more space in the actual workshop for a big central workbench. Currently space is taken by the table saw. I can work on top of that when pushed....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Yes, I've done other things!

Theile cab finished - didn't get finished pics as minor wiring issues meant time was tight - but the final grill cloth is 1000 times better! Horrible stuff to work with but I figured out it shrinks a metric fucktonne with water and hot air, so it ended up being good.

When I took this pic I realised how horrible the first version was! It didn't look as bad when working on it.... redid it and it turned out good I think.

Trinity TC15 Head cab for Mike completed! Very happy with this one - the tolex was so easy to work with!

Oh and finished up a dual headphone stand made from an old guitar neck and marshall style tolex, for sale and open to offers!!!

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

How muchy for headphone stand?
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

WellyBlues wrote:How muchy for headphone stand?
Oh make me an offer by PM ;)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Oh I can redo the top bar shorter so it's a single as well :) it slides through the neck so you can position it where you want.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:Yes, I've done other things!

Theile cab finished - didn't get finished pics as minor wiring issues meant time was tight - but the final grill cloth is 1000 times better! Horrible stuff to work with but I figured out it shrinks a metric fucktonne with water and hot air, so it ended up being good.
What happened to the bleach splashes on the speaker cone?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:Yes, I've done other things!

What happened to the bleach splashes on the speaker cone?
I anti bleached them :)

I made this really elaborate contraption that would spin the speaker at a constant velocity while I applied 1cc of dye per square cm, powered by an electric drill....

Nay I just smeared a bit of dye on. Can't have a mottled speaker cone showing through a grille cloth.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Wot you do?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:Wot you do?
as above...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Nay I just smeared a bit of dye on. Can't have a mottled speaker cone showing through a grille cloth.
Respect! :thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote: Nay I just smeared a bit of dye on. Can't have a mottled speaker cone showing through a grille cloth.
Respect! :thumbup:
keep it simple slowy....

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

A few in progress pics of the vibroverb cab :)
box.png
box.png (2.8 MiB) Viewed 4699 times
dovetails.png
dovetails.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 4699 times
corner.png
corner.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 4699 times
chassis fit.png
chassis fit.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 4699 times