10m RA taper / 3M RA

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1315 times

10m RA taper / 3M RA

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Anyone know a less financially crippling way to source 10meg and 3meg audio taper pots ?
Also need 350k with 70k tap

Weber sells them but of course there is a $60 usd shipping fee
The other amp parts shops seem not to carry them

Otherwise does anyone know a work around for these values (especially the 10) on the brown face schematics ?

Thankeeee

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: 10m RA taper / 3M RA

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Lots of Alpha brand pots on Aliexpress, but finding actual Alpha ones with those values and the correct US size shafts will be like looking for a needle in a haystack, e.g., searching '1 meg pot ' will give you lots of results for weed and megladon t-shirts etc. Very cheap shipping though

P.S. This is one of the things that really frustrates me about NZ. It's often impossible to get certain parts here that are quite easy to get in the USA etc. No wonder we have the 'fix anything with a piece of number 8 wire' thing here, because we tend to have to get creative.
Another thing is how the Yanks insist on sticking with ye olden times imperial measurements, so we end up with all the compatibility issues with guitar and amp parts etc (Maccas probably are the reason -- so they can keep calling it the quarter pounder :mrgreen: ).

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Wondering if I can buy from Weber and ask them to ship to amplified parts then get amplified parts to send the whole lot on with my order ….

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1316 times
Been liked: 875 times

Post by MikeC »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 am Anyone know a less financially crippling way to source 10meg and 3meg audio taper pots ?

Otherwise does anyone know a work around for these values (especially the 10) on the brown face schematics ?

Thankeeee
3MRA pots are in stock available at AP https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... erse-audio.
Can't find a 10M RA pot - how about asking the 6G14-A crowd? There's probably a workaround.
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

MikeC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:56 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 am Anyone know a less financially crippling way to source 10meg and 3meg audio taper pots ?

Thankeeee
3MRA pots are in stock available at AP https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... erse-audio.
Can't find a 10M RA pot - how about asking the 6G14-A crowd? There's probably a workaround.
Work around might be Robbie buying speakers from Weber !

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:23 am Wondering if I can buy from Weber and ask them to ship to amplified parts then get amplified parts to send the whole lot on with my order ….
Or at a pinch just use youshop, shouldn't be too much for small items :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

jeremyb wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:28 pm
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:23 am Wondering if I can buy from Weber and ask them to ship to amplified parts then get amplified parts to send the whole lot on with my order ….
Or at a pinch just use youshop, shouldn't be too much for small items :-)
Actually yeh good point
It’s about $13.50 so long as they don’t do that absurd thing that US companies do by putting a small part in a big box (Thatswhatshesaid)